Skills: A B Seaman
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
REPORTS TO: Crane Operator
LOCATION: Offshore; Gulf of Mexico
JOB SUMMARY: The AB Seaman participates and assists in vessel loading and unloading activities, rig move operations, helicopter operations and the mobilization and maintenance of marine and drilling equipment.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 years marine experience
- USCG AB Certificate
- Rig Pass/Safe Gulf
- API Qualified Rigger considered an Asset
- Carryout first line maintenance on marine and safety equipment as instructed
- Assist in the care and maintenance of the vessel's machinery and tools, ensuring all work areas are maintained in a safe condition
- Assist in the slipping and cutting operations, inspection and maintenance of wire, fiber lines, slings and other lifting equipment
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Assist during rig moves and anchor handling operations as directed
- Actively participate in the safety management systems
- Assist in ongoing operations as instructed by Bosun/Stability Section Leader
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas
- Actively participate in weekly rig and departmental safety meetings
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
- Other Duties as Required
Puglisevich USA is an equal opportunity employer
Position Able Bodied Seafarer - GOM Location Puglisevich USA Ltd. EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: