Skills: Project Controls
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Basra, Iraq
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Controls Lead to strengthen our team in Basra, Iraq on 6/6 weeks off rotation.
To Lead, Deliver & Integrate standard, realistic and consistent full suite of Project Controls (i.e. Cost Estimating, Cost Engineering, Planning & Scheduling, Benchmarking, Risk Management, QS & Reporting) for Major and Portfolio project.
Key activities and accountabilities will include:
- Lead the CLIENT project controls processes and systems for Major and P ortfolio Project.
- Co-ordinate Major and Portfolio Project cost, planning and QS functions for their allocated portfolio.
- Develop Iraqi staff through training and mentoring in project control tools and techniques.
- Assess and incorporate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and identification of alternate approaches to optimize the plan(s).
- Support and challenge Project Engineering / Project Management personnel to ensure proper understanding of the key cost & schedule sensitivities and drivers.
- Support the planning and progress monitoring procedures.
- Provide project management support in the management/development of cost breakdown structures, estimates, records and forecasts for the timely submission into the investment memorandums, Tender Committee Submissions, and Annual Business planning cycles.
- Provide project management support in the development/management of the work breakdown structure, activities, logic, resources and progress of the integrated project schedule.
- Provide the Project Management with accurate monthly cost and progress reports incorporating early warning, forecast completions, together with the critical path and trend analyses.
- Develop contract pricing and administration instructions for alignment with the cost breakdown structure, bid evaluations and company counter estimates to support contract award recommendations.
- Develop the contract key dates, milestones and Company plan dates for alignment with the overall integrated plan, in evaluating bid schedules and in reviewing contractor plans to support contract award recommendations.
- Apply probabilistic techniques to determine and communicate the possible range of cost and schedule outcomes for the project.
- Analyse trends that offer early warning of any deviations.
- Co-ordinate project MoC and ensure team compliance with CLIENT procedure for their portfolio.
- Work with Project Management to establish project KPI's.
- Carry-out project benchmarking and champion efficiency measures (eg HOTT).
- Contribute to close-out reports as input to Lessons Learned
- Review and track scope change requests for the total installed cost & schedule impact.
- Prepare reconciliations between earlier cost estimates and the current cost forecast.
- Manage interfaces with the Engineering & Procurement Contractor & Implementation Contractors in a collaborative manner to access relevant data to establish CLIENTs view of the project.
- Participate in evaluating bid schedules and reviewing contractor plans to support contract award recommendations.
- Develop contract sections for Project Controls reporting.
- Review and verify contractors reported progress and ensure that this is reflected in the project schedule and cost.
- Track the criticality of the main paths to completion and float consumption.
- Co-ordinate and deliver project reporting to; project team, project management, CLIENT Management and partners.
- Maintain effective interfaces and good working relationships with other teams and management in the JV.
Addtional Comments and Special Challenges
- Monetary Measure: Between 40% and 60% of Annual Capex of $500m per annum
- Greenfield Project and Brownfield projects.
- Project Phase: Define & Execute.
- Project Controls Organization: Project Controls works as a matrix, individual disciplines have function line management with day to day co-ordination though Project Controls Lead position.
- The position is based in Iraq on rotation with a back to back.
- The challenge of working in Iraq is significant both in terms of the dynamic environment (cultural, social and Safety/Security) and in terms of the Technical, Operational and Project delivery side
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering Degree and/or Certification as a Project Controls Lead or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 15 years industry experience in project controls/services in the Oil & Gas industry with 5+ years demonstrated prior experience in a project controls/services lead role.
- Fully versed with Planning principles and techniques and Primavera P6.
- Project execution practical experience (e.g. engineering, controls, C&P, construction).
- Proven interpersonal and relationships skills in complex environments with ability to work with personnel of diverse background.
- Development of local national employees through Coaching and training.
- Experience in or with NOVs, JVs and NOCs and/or execution in remote/developing locations will be an advantage
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.