Lead Electrical Engineer - NavigationDo you enjoy being part of a successful team?Join our Digital Technology team
Join our Team!
An opportunity for a Lead Electrical Engineer is available. You will become the navigation sensors expert for Reuter-Stokes and work as part of multidisciplinary teams developing state of the art technologies.
Partner with the best
Members of Reuter Stokes multidisciplinary teams apply experimental and computational methods to the development of new products for energy and security industries.
As a Lead Electrical Engineer Navigation you will be responsible for:
- Become the subject matter expert for navigation sensors.
- Work as an integral member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Support advanced R&D work with new and emerging sensing and inspection technologies
- Develop analog and digital signal processing electronics, either as improvements to existing designs or from scratch.
- Ensure electrical component and system designs have appropriate analytical verification, production level validation, and field-testing.
- Ensure that proper DFSS and DFM rigor has been applied throughout the design process.
- Lead and motivate other engineers, technicians and PCB designers in a team environment to foster a creative workplace, allowing for new ideas while embracing speed and excellence.
- Document work products in written form, e.g. technical notes, design specifications, journal publications
- Present work achievements to the team, and when appropriate to the scientific community at technical conferences
- Have ability to solve problems of interest, exercising personal initiative to guide your own and others' efforts
- Contribute to one or more of the related tasks: electronics design and analysis, data evaluation, and test validation
- Continue to expand your technical knowledge
- Work with a wide variety of colleagues with varying backgrounds across Baker Hughes on low noise electronics and small signal processing.
- Strong problem-solving and technical skills and the ability to contribute in multi-discipline engineering teams
- Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills to report and present material
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
Education & Experience
- Have a BS in Electrical EE, Advanced degree highly desirable.
- Minimum 7 years industry experience
- Experience with analog circuit design
- Experience with digital signal processing circuit design
- Familiarity with MEMS sensors
- 5+ years Altium
A successful candidate may have work experience in one or more of following areas:
- Downhole navigation and formation analysis sensors
- Automotive systems including crash sensing, vehicle dynamic control, rollover detection, antitheft systems, parking brake systems
- IMUs in navigation systems, consumer electronics
- Experience developing electronics that utilize magnetometers, MEMS gyros and MEMS accelerometers. Also familiar with calibration and compensation techniques.
- Experience and success with low noise, small signal analog electronics.
- Experience designing analog to digital signal processing electronics for use in extreme temperature, shock and vibration environments.
- Excellent data driven analytical skills
- Knowledge and experience relative to uncertainty and/or risk analysis
- Excellent judgment and decision making ability
- Familiarity with SAP business system
- Experience developing electronics for orientation modules. Understanding of state of the art MWD OMs meeting ISCWSA/OWSG standards.
- Experience with sensor and subsystem qualification for downhole operation.
Work with what works best for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.