Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
A successful Field Service Technician performs on-site Remote Visual Inspection (utilizing borescopes, pan tilt zoom cameras, and robotic crawlers) for a variety of clients including but not limited to refining and chemical plants, power generation (fossil, nuclear, wind), as well as infrastructure and civil engineering industries. Responsibilities include selection inspection, set up and calibration of equipment, conducting tests and critical inspections of client assets while interpreting and evaluating results in accordance applicable specifications, codes, standards and other contract documents. Utilizing specialized tooling and creativity, you will also provide loose part retrieval services from client systems and problem solve many unique and challenging applications. Our industry leading technicians routinely apply learned, specialized technical skills in preparing inspection summary reports while interacting directly with engineers and industry specialists as the direct point of contact to the client. Qualifications/Requirements:
- Minimum 1 year mechanical inspection experience preferably in at least one recognized Non Destructive Testing (NDT) discipline. However, prime candidates will possess >3 years of documented NDT inspection experience with applicable certifications and resume.
- Must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle license.
- Must be able to successfully pass criminal background, psychological screening and fitness for duty (drug, alcohol testing program) necessary for access to nuclear power generation, Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) and similar security sensitive facilities.
- Must feel comfortable working in confined spaces, from ladders and working from heights (scaffolds, personal fall arrest systems (PFAS)) .
- Position requires daily attendance in regional office and local travel to client sites. Overnight and extended work assignments (1-2 weeks) varies by region and project but may account for 40% of assignments. Must participate in a rotating "on-call" schedule for weekends and holidays.
- Remote Visual Inspection training and experience preferred.
- Non-Destructive Testing experience.
- College Diploma or Associates degree, preferably in NDT field .
- High School diploma or equivalent
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.