At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories and new job opportunities you may be interested in.
Accelerate your career as a Commercial Application Engineer for the fast-growing Nexus Controls, a Baker Hughes business. The position offers those with a strong technical background to further enhance that skill set while learning the commercial side of the business also. Our Commercial Operations team works with the region sales team to develop a complete technical and commercial solution for our customers.
As a Commercial Application Engineer Nexus Controls, you will be responsible for:
- Developing technical and commercial Nexus Controls solution proposals around primarily the process controls for industrial applications. Any experience with DCS/BOP & PLC systems will be considered.
- Reviewing and influencing customer specifications to assure compliance and/or noted exceptions for the development of the hardware and software portion of the quotation.
- Supporting and providing specific project proposal support to Europe regional Sales teams as necessary, including strategy, RFQ review/analysis, technical scoping, costing and proposal development as necessary to grow industrial process controls business.
- Providing commercialization support of existing and developing hardware and software products, including joint site visits, sales calls and seminars.
- Working closely with sales team to develop opportunities, formulate and present Nexus Controls solutions to customers and close deals.
- Providing potential hardware and service package solutions to provide most costs effective, technically appropriate solution to meet/exceed the customer's needs.
- Making technical presentations to all levels of customer's organization.
- Assisting in developing engineering and installation work scopes, schedules and cost estimates to facilitate total scope project offerings.
- Contributing to and leverage existing technical library of source materials related to industry applications, system configurations / hardware, design standards, etc. to provide timely technical information.
- Assisting with the evaluation of commercial and technical risk within the Inquiry to Order (ITO) process.
- Contributing to individual deal strategies to drive both price and hit rate.
- Providing technical support to execution teams to ensure successful projects.
- Contributing positively to regional sales, orders, profitability, and ITO quality goals.
Required Qualifications / Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Extensive (greater than 4 years) application/design knowledge of process controls in energy or industrial industries/applications.
- Ability and willingness to travel between 10% and 15% for short customer meetings and opportunity development.
- Fluent in the English language
- Proven experience in a commercial role responsible for analyzing, translating & completing complex bids/proposals.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate complex information in a simplified fashion.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills - ability to effectively influence and negotiate with all levels of people
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to simultaneously manage multiple bids/projects.
- Financially & commercially astute - a strong understanding of contracts, business financials and reporting, commercial trades, logistics, incoterms and pricing.
- Experience in developing and writing specifications and/or proposals.
- Positive, mature, can-do approach to work and to problem solving.
- Results orientated, self-driven individual with passion, drive and energy and ability to influence without authority in a multi-disciplinary, matrixed environment
- Effective use of Personal Computer Technologies. Expertise in Excel. Knowledge of Salesforce an advantage.
- More than 5 years of experience in field service or requisition engineering
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.