Skills: Construction Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Bakersfield, California, United States
Looking for a career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Drill site Manager in Bakersfield, CA. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. The Drill Site Manager will be responsible for the planning and safe execution of multiple drilling operations and assistance to corporate and field-based management teams.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Assumes initial control of any emergency onsite and follows the procedures outlined in the Emergency Response Plan.
- Ensures that the rig contractor and service company personnel perform safely and efficiently and in accordance with their contractual obligations. Witnesses and documents all required safety drills, testing and in-house inspections of equipment, and ensures conformity to required standard of performance and frequency.
- Request's mobilization of materials, equipment, and services in a timely manner and initiates the removal of redundant materials and the immediate return of rental equipment when it is no longer required.
- Ensures that the Drilling Superintendent is fully briefed on all drilling operational matters.
- Ensures that reports are prepared and submitted in accordance with the reporting procedures.
- Maintains a well file on the current well and submits it to the Completions & Drilling Engineer at the completion of each well.
- Ensures the drilling activities are in continual compliance with its HSE Management System Facilitate, conduct HSE Risk Assessment for the drilling activities in liaison with the concerned departments
- Compliance of Drilling contractor personnel with HSE policies procedures and standards Working as emergency controller in case of any emergency within the assigned rig and the production platform
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience in onshore drilling operations and knowledgeable of the SJVBU Wells processes and drilling procedures.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literate and be capable of learning Company approved spread sheet and word processing programs.
- Possess an internationally approved Well Control Certificate.
- Required to have Well Control Certification and 10 years' experience.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.