At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories and new job opportunities you may be interested in.
The Design Engineer takes ownership of all the design activities on assigned centrifugal/axial compressor and turboexpander projects, issuing the associated technical documentation. He/she works according to the highest technology and quality standards, developing innovative solutions to meet contractual requirements in compliance with applicable industry standards.
As Design Engineer you'll be responsible for:
- Carry out design activities, leveraging on a sound knowledge of engineering principles and exploiting BH design tools and procedures. Main design areas include thermodynamic performance optimization, rotordynamic analysis, definition of machine layout and cross-section, mechanical and aerodynamic design verification, material selection.
- Be responsible for the timely issue of technical documentation and drawings, ensuring their consistency with engineering policies and contractual specifications.
- Collaborate to Engineering or cross-functional initiatives on Company priorities such as quality, cost control, design standard updates, with the purpose of improving product competitiveness.
- Provide Engineering support to other TPS functions interacting with Commercial, Manufacturing, and Sourcing teams, on activities that span the whole life cycle of projects from the formulation of a technical proposal up to the assembly and testing of the unit at BH facilities.
- Work together with Service team on the resolution of technical issues that may occur during commissioning and site operation.
- Lead Design Reviews and technical meetings with management and/or customer representatives, to share updates on project status and present the results of performed activities.
- Manage global and local suppliers taking under control engineering hours and on time delivery.
Required Qualifications / Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Aerospace specialization preferred) or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Solid background in mechanical, thermodynamic and fluid dynamic engineering;
- Basic knowledge of FEA, CFD, modal analysis
- Proven experience within an engineering organization, preferably matured on Turbomachinery design.
- Use of CAD software (e.g. Unigraphics)
- EU work permit
- Fluency in both English and Italian
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.