Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Civil Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Portland, Maine, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Entry-Level Civil Engineer to join our Northeast US Operations based in Portland, Maine. Our team is a multi-disciplinary science/engineering/architecture team of 150+ staff, located in one of the most livable cities in the US. Wood offers the technical challenges of projects located throughout the US and globally within the relaxed environment of a small, vibrant city.
The role of Entry-Level Civil Engineer is to support Senior Engineers and Civil Engineering Task Leads with evaluating, specifying, and developing civil engineering designs, drainage plans, erosion and sediment control designs, stormwater models, and permit applications for a wide variety of projects including site development, infrastructure, landfills, stream restoration, and environmental remediation projects for commercial, local, state, and federal clients. Recent and ongoing projects include landfill caps, site development for new buildings, water/wastewater/stormwater infrastructure improvements, airport infrastructure improvements, mine-related permitting, and electric/gas utility infrastructure improvements. The position will primarily work in an office/home office setting but may require approximately 30% travel to client facilities.
Skills / Qualifications
- Prepare engineering design drawings and specifications
- Prepare supporting engineering calculations and design reports
- Erosion control and stormwater modeling
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil3D for developing surface models and earthwork quantities
- Prepare project permitting documents for local, state and federal site-related permits
- Perform construction inspection and oversight activities
- Interact with coworkers, clients, and prospective clients while conducting work in a professional and ethical manner
- BS or MS degree in civil engineering, environmental engineering or related field
- 0-2 years civil/environmental design experience
- Strong dedication to maintaining a safe work environment and promoting company safety culture
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours if/as required
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Open-minded and fast learner
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline-driven environment
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training
- AutoCAD Civil3D knowledge and experience
- Engineering In Training (EIT) certificate
Join our Portland Wood Team, we are a team of dedicated professionals working to find solutions for our diverse customer base. Our team takes pride in maintaining a small environment, while also having the structure, resources, and opportunities of a large international organization. Our Portland office is right in the heart of Downtown Portland; nestled in a diverse and lively city with an outstanding restaurant scene and lots to do if you are an outdoor enthusiast or love the Arts - something for everyone! Considered the hub of Wood's Northeast Region, we are looking to grow our team to support our current workload as well as advance our strategic planning towards our future vision - Join us!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.