Skills: Project Management, Engineering Manager, Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chesterton, Indiana, United States
Wood Automation and Controls is seeking an Automation & Controls Branch Manager with strong leadership skills, and demonstrated success managing an automation and controls business, preferably one with emphasis on Electrical Controls and Systems Integration. This position will be based at our South Chicago / Northwest Indiana office.
The Branch Manager will oversee all activities and the personnel of the branch operations. This includes the planning, developing, analyzing, designing, implementing, training, and maintaining all facets of the organization with respect to the assigned remote facility. He/She will have full P&L responsibility, and will focus on maintaining a healthy relationship with our clients, with a mandate to grow existing accounts as well as source and qualify new leads in the automotive industry, and looking for growth opportunities in other industries.
This individual will play a key role in the future of the business. For the right candidate we offer a fascinating and varied job in an expanding, financially secure business as well as the chance to work within a happy, friendly company alongside some wonderful and talented people.
Key Responsibilities :
- Manage the daily operations/ activity of our sales and support team
- Sell, promote and support our services and product range
- Liaise with clients and suppliers to maintain and grow our customer base
- Ensure the provision of market leading service standards
- Conduct Project Reviews (including: quotes, specifications, etc)
- Perform and approve design work (including: hardware, software, and project management role)
- While priority is given to local work, there will be times when additional work may be required outside of the Chicago area
- Oversee installations as well as perform start-up and de-bug activities
- Perform related duties as required by company QOS Policies, Procedures and Instructions
- Manage and promote the growth of personnel (includes: hiring, training, coaching of staff; and conducting employee performance reviews
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering OR m inimum of 8-10 years' relevant experience, in Automation & Controls controls industry
- Individual will be Hands-On , must be able to perform engineering responsibilities with no difficulty
- Must have minimum of 4-5 years in a supervisory role (supervising applications engineers, senior process controls and senior electrical controls engineers)
- Demonstrated Project Management skills are highly desired with a bility to run large projects, and multiple project teams preferred
- Will possess solid business acumen, and sound commercial skills, considered an asset
- Proven trouble shooting skills and knowledge of human resource fundamentals are required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Travel is required in this position
- Occasionally, evening, weekend, and/or holiday hours may be required
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Physical requirements :
- Able to climb a 2 story ladder
- Capable of walking a mile in 20 minutes
- Be able to cover, on foot, a reasonable distance on a job site
- Lift up to 30 lbs without difficulty
- *All of the above items are to be accomplished while carrying a laptop computer*
CEC Controls is a Wood Automation and Controls company
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.