This position is primarily supporting the analytical requirements of all block assets, although work permitting, may assist other quality staff members or lab operators in other tasks. The priority is to ensure all finished products, raw materials, and wastes meet all specifications. This is accomplished by performing analytical measurements and reviewing results generated by operations.
- Tank lotting analyses
- EOA lotting authorization
- Run GE off-series samples, ensuring lotting is correct
- Ensure off-series results correlate to previous results
- ICP testing on PEG (weekdays)
- Special analytical requests/non-routine analysis requests as assigned
- Running controls as indicated on L9
- Faxing COAs to the tank truck rack
- Positive identification
- Analyzing railcars (PEG, GE), non-routine samples (tank cars, etc.), customer complaints and analyze (PM/EE) samples
- Responsible for reviewing operations results from prior day for indications of analytical issues as assigned
- Training for new lab operators and lab technicians
- Train operations personnel in laboratory methods and proper laboratory technique to ensure reliable analytical results are given to operations and customers
- Assist operations with lab analysis and equipment troubleshooting
- Maintain integrity of analytical data
- Perform all operations in the lab per ISO-9011/Good Manufacturing Practices, current documented lab procedures, and environmental and OSHA regulations
- Troubleshoot lab instrumentation. Be able to convey to management problems with instrument to determine if problems can be resolved in-house or by outside vendor.
- Chemistry related degree preferred
- Two - Seven years plant experience preferred
- Basic technical competence in standard
- laboratory techniques
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.