Skills: Process Engineer, Planner / Scheduler, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
Wood is currently recruiting for a Studies Manager for our Mining & Minerals office in Bryanston.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- Responsible for the study life cycle of process mining projects, including concept origination, pre-feasibility and bankable feasibility
- Assist in tender and proposal preparation, as required
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Ensure that the capital estimate portion of studies, are completed to the required standard and proposed timeframes.
- Ensure studies, as assigned , are completed on time and within budget.
- As requited undertake site visits to the project location and areas for project sourcing.
- Identify local and foreign suppliers and vendors.
- Identify applicable local laws and rules.
- Co-ordinates the generation of specifications for enquiries on mechanical equipment from the Process Department's equipment lists.
- Co-ordinates the compilation of bills of quantities and the issue of tender documents to prospective suppliers.
- Responsible for study report deliverable structure and content.
- Liaison and communication with the client, as required.
- Conduct infrastructure assessments and co-ordinates the costing thereof - includes tailing dams, power plants, accommodation, roads, water supply etc.
- Appoint consultants in areas where specific expertise is required.
- Responsible for risk management; co-ordinates risk analyses and HAZOP's, as required
- Co-ordinates compilation of capital cost estimate; reviews and validates operating cost, co-ordinates input to financial model.
- Responsible for hand-over of a study to the Projects Department once awarded the execution phase of the project.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering or relevant diploma preferable
- As a minimum, 7-10 years' experience in engineering management within a projects environment.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Good working knowledge of MS Project and/or Primavera planning system
- Advanced MS Office skills (excel, word and power point)
- Advanced numeric skills
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and interact with design office personnel
- Good English language and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Conversant with the principles of capital and operating cost estimating
- Clear logical thinker, with the ability to make good decisions under pressure
- Ability to prioritise/balance multiple complex tasks and demands
- Ability to think outside of the box for problem solving
- Ability to ensure completion of assignment, despite obstacles and challenges
- High level of self-awareness, emotional maturity and resilience
- Good interpersonal skills
- Cross cultural sensitivity
- Attention to detail and networking ability.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.