Skills: Geologist, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering, and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. For more information please visit our website at www.woodplc.com .
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, and dental coverage, 401(k) matching, educational reimbursement, and a variety of training and development programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood is recruiting for a Natural Resources Technical Professional to report to our St. Louis, Missouri Office. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience working on natural resources/ecology related projects. Candidates with less than 2 years of experience that have applicable experience conducting ecological/natural resources related field surveys and have good writing skills to readily assist with writing assignments associated with natural resources study reports may be considered for this position, and are encouraged to apply. This is a position that will appeal to individuals with a solid background and interest in natural resources including fish and wildlife ecology, aquatic or terrestrial field investigations, wetland biology, and/or botany. Candidates should have a good work ethic, and genuine interest in career growth within a team of professionals including fisheries and wildlife biologists, wetland scientists, botanists, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) specialists, and environmental permitting specialists. The successful candidate will support field data collection, data organization and analysis, and technical writing efforts for projects in the infrastructure, power, and water resources sectors. Experience participating in natural resources field surveys, organizing and analysing data, and writing reports is preferred. Work will be performed to support and maintain project/client compliance with various environmental regulations such as Clean Water Act Section 404 permitting, Endangered Species Act, National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System permitting compliance, Natural Resources Damage Assessment compliance, Clean Water Act Section 316(a) and 316(b) permitting compliance, and NEPA.
Wood invites qualified applicants with a Bachelor's degree or higher in the field of biology, ecology, botany, wetland science, or an equivalent discipline with approximately 0 to 5 years direct work experience to apply for the position.
- Field data collection to support various projects including fisheries and wildlife surveys, identification of wetlands and waters of the U.S., and protected species habitat.
- Data organization and analysis for data collected in the field and/or through desktop research/reviews.
- Writing technical reports or sections of technical reports including ecological/biological study reports, protected species survey reports or biological assessments/evaluations, wetland delineation reports, environmental permit applications, mitigation plans, impact assessments, and pertinent sections of NEPA documents (EA/EIS).
- Actively participate in assigned work activities and work effectively with team members, as well as independently.
Skills / Qualifications
- The successful candidate will have a BS degree or higher in the field of biology, botany, wetland science, or an equivalent discipline.
- 0-5 years of applicable experience conducting ecological/natural resources related field surveys, writing natural resources related technical reports, participating in environmental permitting, wetland delineations, and/or other natural resources surveys.
- Good taxonomic knowledge of Midwest native flora and familiarity with taxonomic keys, especially for wetland flora is highly desired, but not required for this position.
- Skills associated with operating boats, working on large rivers, conducting aquatics surveys/sampling using various fisheries equipment is a plus, but not required for this position.
- Familiarity with GPS is highly desired.
- Familiarity with GIS is a plus, but not required for this position.
- Applicant will have strong oral and interpersonal communication skills and good writing skills (may be asked to provide a recent example of a natural resources related report, such as a wetland report, showing the portion(s) of the document written or co-authored by the applicant).
- Formal wetlands delineation training is beneficial, but not required.
- Availability to travel for fieldwork, including overnight stays is required. Fieldwork typically occurs on weekdays, but in some instances could require working, or at least travelling to and from project locations, on weekends.
- Ability to work long hours, walk long distances (sometimes in rough terrain), and ability to assist team members with loading and unloading sample equipment and other items may be required at times.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.