Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer with experience in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or similar sector of the industry .
- Execution of assigned work in accordance with the applicable Project Procedures and Standards, within the manhour and cost budgets and the project schedule targets
- Execution of assigned work in accordance with the applicable Project Procedures and Standards, within the manhour and cost budgets and the project schedule targets.
- Coordination of all engineering and design activities
- Coordination and liaison with Client, Construction, Commissioning, Project Control, and Procurement personnel
- Be familiar with the contents of the Department Quality Plan and perform tasks required by that plan.
- Be completely familiar with the project contractual and commercial requirements. By personal reviews, be conversant with the status of work being carried out by all the Engineering personnel, Process, Procurement and Construction.
- Ensure the procedures and Work Practices listed in the Project Engineering Quality Plan are applied as appropriate.
- Ensure all Client standards and practices as described in the Work Scope are obtained, registered and available to the engineering team
- Prepare and periodically update the Document Distribution Matrices.
- Develop the Engineering design through the issue of MFD's, Line Lists, Equipment lists and other design documents.
- Provide guidance for the set-up of WebDMS for the control of deliverable storage and progress reporting
- Be familiar with the requirements of the project schedule and hold regular discussions with Lead Engineers regarding same. Expedite Engineers to deliver to schedule. Actively understand reasons for delay and assist in overcoming delays.
- Ensure all Engineering Indices are developed and issued on a regular basis.
- Know and understand schedule milestones. Ensure these are understood by Lead Discipline Engineers, monitor progress against milestones and initiate cross discipline remedial action where necessary.
- Ensure project schedule provides for internal and Client reviews appropriate for the project phase.
- Ensure effective cross-discipline coordination and resolve cross discipline problems.
- Develop project specific procedures as appropriate to enhance project performance.
- Actively interrogate DMS to be aware of progress by the Engineering disciplines.
- Review document, requisition and sub contract indexes and ensure that these documents are updated and available for issue on schedule.
- Review requisitions for major items of equipment, package equipment and major bulk materials, for compliance with scope of work.
- Act as contact between company and Client's engineering representative in relation to all design and specification matters.
- Act as contact between site personnel and Home Office on all engineering matters.
- Coordinate the transfer of records to storage, microfilming and for destruction.
- Advise Engineering Manager of any changes to engineering design or specification made by the client which could be considered as the basis of a contract change and provide information as required for estimating the cost and schedule effect of contract changes.
- Understand the requirements for Design Reviews. Participate where required by procedure and ensure that relevant groups satisfactorily close actions.
- Chair and manage Model Reviews. Ensure that relevant groups prepare the model in a timely manner to meet the quality standards of the review. Ensure attendance of specified personnel for the review, and allocate appropriate actions to the respective owners. Expedite close out of actions to the agreed dates.
- Know how to use, navigate through and interrogate the 3D Model using the assigned software for review purposes.
- Prepare multi-discipline subcontract requisitions ensuring full input from relevant engineering disciplines, having first become familiar with terms and conditions of contract and the construction strategy.
- Prepare appropriate procedures and standards as defined in the Department Quality Plan and as required by the scope of work for the project.
- Establish procedures for the handover of engineering deliverables to construction and client Document Management Group.
- Provide input to the Project closure report.
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc (Engineering) / BEng, Btech (Mechanical).
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- 5 Years minimum experience
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills. elationship and networking ability.
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.