Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Skills: Rotating Equipment
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is currently seeking to appoint a Team Leader with a background in the Rotating Equipment Reliability and Condition Monitoring to join an established team undergoing expansion. The role reports to the Group Team Leader and is based in Perth.
The Asset Performance Optimisation business has established a truly global Vibration, Dynamics and Noise (VDN) capability that encompasses 230 engineering specialists in 11 offices worldwide. The VDN team work collaboratively to deliver technical effective solutions supporting reliability, integrity and operational performance. In joining this team, our successful candidate will provide engineering solutions and services that improve machine reliability and assist our Oil & Gas, Mining and Utilities clients to achieve peak performance and maximise machinery life cycles.
Applicants please note that we can only consider applications from Australian citizens or those who currently hold Permanent Residency (PR) and do not require company sponsorship to work lawfully in Australia.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Pro-active engagement with both our internal and external clients to define, formalise and manage scope, interfaces and responsibilities
- Support and drive business strategy, from development through to execution, demonstrating leadership characteristics to support and encourage transformation of service offerings in the digital, energy transition and asset optimisation space
- Develop and lead a multi-skilled team delivering existing traditional rotating equipment reliability scopes and encourage the adaption and use of technology, innovation and agile delivery
- Support key business planning processes by managing and reporting on your team's capability and forecasted work
- Assist in the ongoing management of engineering work scopes including managing schedule, budget and resources as required
- Support the Business Development team to promote Wood's service offerings - identifying new opportunities, considerate of client needs and preparation of proposals.
- Lead HSE by your actions; demonstrate the highest standards of attitude and behaviour
- Execute maintenance strategies and programs for clients whilst seeking opportunities to improve them utilising the latest in technology and data analytics
- Manage, implement and improve vibration, lubrication and thermography based predictive maintenance programs including on-site data collection, analysis, and determination of recommendations for rotating equipment
- Identify opportunities to improve client plant reliability, availability and performance, collaborating with clients to turn to their advantage
- Assist with investigations, providing technical input for equipment failures and troubleshooting projects, including but not limited to; multi-channel investigations, ODS and RCA
- Provide support, mentoring and technical reviews for colleagues in the group in predictive and preventive maintenance practices
Skills / Qualifications
It takes a diverse range of people to achieve the level of impact Wood has on the global energy sector. As a member of the team you will have/demonstrate:
- 5+ years hands-on experience of managing and implementing predictive maintenance strategies, including vibration analysis, lubrication, thermography, alignment and balancing
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering ideally or equivalent
- Recent experience in the Oil &Gas, Mining or Utilities industries across Australia
- Proven communication skills and leadership qualities required to lead to a multi-disciplined team across traditional rotating equipment scopes through to transformational change for our business and our clients
- A keen interest in supporting the development and execution of business strategy to make your mark on a changing industry through connection with your clients and your team
- Experience in implementation of technology and digital transformation projects highly desirable
- Experience with a focus across renewable energy, energy transition and decarbonisation relating to rotating equipment and asset management also highly regarded
- Experience delivering projects using Agile delivery methods would be desirable or demonstrating the ability to adapt your approach to suit a high paced Agile delivery model
- Results driven and business minded with exceptional levels of customer focus. A background in consulting is highly desired
- Knowledgeable and in tune with industry trends including digitalisation and the energy transition
- Fully certified ISO VCAT2 - TCAT / LCAT certification would be highly regarded
- Proficiency in the latest data analytics tools, emerging technology and analytics
- Good working knowledge of a wide range of rotating/reciprocating equipment
- Experienced user of CMMS systems (e.g. SAP, Maximo, JDE)
- Flexibility to travel if required
- Proficiency in project management processes and commercial controls
Additionally you will have a commitment to safety. Our Wood values are the foundation of our beliefs and the basis for our decision making. Our expectation is simple, that wherever we work, we operate with integrity, our people are secure, injury free and we have a minimal impact on the environment.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.