Skills: Ships Mate / Officer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
JOB SUMMARY: Assist the Chief Mate and Master in exercising effective control over the vessel's marine operations with due regard for safety of personnel, maintenance of vessel equipment, and protection of the environment
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2+ years previous experience on an offshore drilling rig
- Valid Canadian Watchkeeping Mate (Unlimited) or Chief Mate License, or STCW equivalent
- Valid Nautical Institute DP (Unlimited) Certificate
- Valid Basic Survival Training or BOSIET
- Medical (CAPP or OGUK)
- STCW Basic Safety Training, Proficiency in Survival Craft, Advanced Fire Fighting, First Aid
- Knowledge of basic technical calculations required for the safe operation of the marine aspect of the rig
- Valid Passport
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- International Travel is required
- Exercise control of the safe navigation of the vessel in order to ensure that all navigation operations are conducted in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures
- Become familiar with the vessel's bridge and navigation equipment. Support voyage planning and rig move operations
- Operate and supervise mooring operations when required
- Provide assistance during anchoring operations
- Oversee the maintenance of deck equipment, firefighting and lifesaving equipment and marine department lifting equipment, and updated records accordingly
- Assist with maintaining the vessel in a seaworthy condition in accordance with its Marine Operating Manual
- Assist with maintaining the watertight integrity of the vessel, loading and storage of consumables, securing of supply vessels and helicopter operations
- Assist with the operation of the ballast control system where applicable
- Assist in maintaining the vessel in a stable condition and at the correct draft and trim
- Other duties as required
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Mate - International Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: