Skills: Ships Mate / Officer
Education: Masters Degree
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Job Title: Third Mate
Job Summary: Assist the Chief Mate and Master in exercising control over the vessel's marine operations with due regard for safety of personnel, maintenance of vessel equipment and protection of the environment.
- Exercise control of the safe navigation of the vessel in order to ensure that all navigation operations are carried out in accordance with Company policies and procedures, regulations and sound marine practices.
- Become familiar with the vessel's bridge and navigation equipment. Assist with voyage planning and rig move operations.
- Provide assistance during anchoring operations.
- Responsible for the electronic navigation equipment on board. Ensure that the vessel's navigational equipment is maintained, fully functional and tested.
- Maintenance and upkeep of the hull, decks, superstructures, and towing gear
- Ensuring that lifesaving and firefighting equipment is properly inspected and maintained
- Assist with maintaining the vessel in a seaworthy condition in accordance with its Marine Operating Manual.
- Assist with maintaining the watertight integrity of the vessel, loading and storage of consumables, securing of supply vessels and helicopter operations.
- Assist in maintaining the vessel in a stable condition and at the correct draft and trim.
- Assist as required with maintaining and carrying out PM's on all marine department equipment as per RMS and under the direction of the Chief Mate/Senior Mate
- As safety officer, ensure all safety equipment is operating as required
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for carrying out regular inspections
- Other duties as required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Watchkeeping Mate Near Coastal or higher certificate of competency issued by Transport Canada
- STCW Basic Safety
- STCW Survival Craft
- Valid Marine Basic or Advanced First Aid
- Security Training for Vessel Personnel with Security Responsibilities
- Transport Canada Marine Medical
- Oil and Chemical Tanker Familiarization Endorsement considered an asset
- Experienced with Safety Management Systems (e.g. ISO & ISM) considered an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Suite considered an asset
- Previous tanker/ship experience considered an asset
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Puglisevich and it's client to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position.
Position Third Mate - Marine Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: