Skills: Ships Deckhand / Deck Crew
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
REPORTS TO: Chief Officer
JOB SUMMARY: The AB / Dechkand is responsible to the Chief Officer and is a member of the deck department.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- STCW Bridge watch Rating
- AB Seafarer Certificate of Competency
- Seaman's Discharge Book
- STCW Basic Safety
- STCW Survival craft other than a fast rescue craft
- STCW Vessel Personnel with Security Responsibilities
- Marine Basic First Aid or Marine Advanced First Aid
- H2S Alive
- Valid Marine Medical
- Valid Canadian Passport
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen, Alcohol Screening and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Maintenance on deck as and when required.
- Perform lookout duties as required
- Participate in fire and lifeboat drills
- Active member of the fire team
- Mooring operations
- Load and unload cargo
- Assist Chief Mate with planned deck maintenance
- General cleaning of vessel
- Take part in loading, discharging, and sea fastening of equipment
- Mooring of the vessel
- Watch duty on deck.
- Act as navigational watch rating.
- Assist in repairs to the deck department.
- Assist Chief Officer in his assistance to the Master in conducting the Masters Review in accordance with the ISM code.
- Other Duties as Required
It is the objective of Puglisevich and it's client to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland & Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position AB Seafarer - Marine Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: