Skills: Floorhand / Roughneck
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
REPORTS TO: Driller
LOCATION: Offshore US Gulf of Mexico
TYPE OF RIG: Semi-submersible - Sevan Louisiana
START DATE: August 1st 2021
JOB SUMMARY: Assist with preparing downhole and drilling equipment for upcoming operations.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- One year experience as a Roustabout
- Previous experience offshore
- Offshore training required:
- Valid Qualified Rigger (API RP 2D)
- Well Control Introductory (Level 1)
- Operate and perform first line maintenance on rig floor drilling equipment
- Maintain drilling equipment, tubulars, handling equipment etc as per rig specific procedure
- Examine all safety equipment on the rig floor prior to use ensuring they are in safe operation condition
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Inspect all tools and equipment prior to use ensuring they are in safe operating condition
- Maintain rig floor in a clean and tidy manner
- Actively participate in well control drills as required
- Make certain all loads leaving the rig floor with the crane are slung/rigged correctly and clean
- Assist in maintaining and running the mud processing solids control equipment
- Perform regular steel preparation and painting to maintain rig floor equipment and structure
- Actively participate in all pre-job plans and meeting for drilling operations
- Obtain training to safely and competently operate hoisting devices for equipment and personnel
- Actively participate in weekly rig and departmental safety meetings
- Provide assistance with deck operations as and when required
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Assist in running and retrieving marine riser BOP
- Effectively use all safety and environmental tools
- Assist the Derrickman in mud mixing operations
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
- Complete training requirements in a timely manner as per training matrix
- Other duties as required
Puglisevich USA is an equal opportunity employer
Position Offshore Floorhand (Gulf of Mexico) Location Puglisevich USA Ltd. EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: