Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Learning Advisor for a 2 year contract in Calgary, AB. Purpose & Accountabilities
Reporting to the Learning and Development Manager, the Learning Advisor will lead the design, development, and execution of learning to build capability and improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency in line with our client's Strategy.
Provide subject matter expertise and consultation to all levels of leadership on learning initiatives.
Lead and manage the assessment, design, development, implementation, and evaluation phases of
learning solutions and programs for employees.
Act as an advocate for learning and development to establish a continuous learning culture as well
as build strong relationships with the business to become a trusted partner in achieving business
- Partner with the business to facilitate the development of Department/Discipline/Role-Based Competency Maps and Job Competency Profiles.
- Partner with the Learning Advisor, Process and Systems to implement Job Competency Profiles in the Competency Management System.
- Partner with other HR counterparts to integrate Job Competency Profiles into job descriptions, job postings, interviews, compensation, etc.
- Work collaboratively to develop tailored learning strategies in support of desired performance or business objectives.
- Lead and provide guidance in instructional design methods, content development, implementation and evaluation of enterprise and asset learning solutions; includes design, development and maintenance of in-house and third-party training programs.
- Develop e-learning and classroom-based courseware.
- Develop and maintain strong business focused relationships with stakeholders; business leaders, lead trainers, trainers, assessors, external vendors, etc.
- Coach technical trainers on application of adult learning theory to learning activities
- Plan and oversee the work of third-party learning partners; ensuring deliverables support the Learning Strategy and monitor quality and compliance, ensuring results meet specified standards and requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Skills and Attributes
- University completion at the undergraduate level with a specialty focus in adult education or an undergraduate level with a certification in adult education or workplace learning.
- A minimum of 8 years of oil and gas experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of instruction design experience.
- Advanced utilization of eLearning authoring tools; Captivate, Lectora or Articulate
- Provide sample of e-learning and/or classroom-based courseware.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen including legislation, policy and business objectives in order to align learning to business goals.
- Advanced knowledge of the concepts, principles, practices and techniques of learning and development, particularly in the context of adult learners and workplace development.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills to provide consultation, advice and technical training expertise to business leaders and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate strong project management and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills to deal with obstacles during program development and implementation.
- Strong and fit for purpose change management strategies.
- Start date; June 2021
- 2-year contract
- Calgary, Alberta will be the primary work location, with possibility of working from Kitimat, BC
- Typical work schedule is 8 am to 5pm
- Reports to the Learning and Development, Manager
- Strategic partnerships with other HR and business role; Asset Learning Leads, Learning Advisors, Learning Coordinator and HR Business Partners
- Occasional travel to Kitimat, British Columbia
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.