Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer to join our team in Hamilton, Ontario. As a member of Wood's PM team the selected candidate will support the Project Manager and the Construction Manager with various site management activities.
The Project Engineer will be seconded into the Client's organization and will be working directly under the supervision of the Client Project Manager.
The Project Engineer supports the project manager in fulfilling project management responsibilities and will also be responsible for supporting the management and administration of site construction activities in accordance with the Project requirements.
Some of the duties anticipated for the Project Engineer are as follows:
- Enforces Safety, Health, Environment, and Security requirements with all Construction Contractors and Vendors.
- Develops the project schedule, ensuring appropriate input from the team.
- Completes schedule progress updates as per defined cycles. Ensure the schedule is maintain with correct start / finish dates, updated logic and approved changes.
- Coordinates with the engineering teams.
- Prepares drafts of Project Reports for review and issue by project manager.
- Prepares cost report for review and approval by Project Manager
- Facilitates the Change Control Process on behalf of the Project Manager.
- Collect lessons learned as the project progresses. Facilitate lessons learned meeting when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Manager including coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitors and supports management of Construction Contractors, inspecting their work to ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, and standards.
- Ensures mandatory inspections and testing is being completed and properly recorded. Providing witness services when needed.
- Ensures Punch Lists are properly defined and resolved prior to commissioning, Start-up and Contractor demobilization.
- Identifies and reports construction events that may impact the project's cost, schedule, and scope.
- Completes project close-out activities, including the Final Project Report (if required).
Skills / Qualifications
- Requires a minimum of 5 years experience as a Project Engineer in managing construction works in brown field settings with existing operations in an industrial facility
- Multi-discipline experience is preferred since there is a mix of civil works (roads, paving, foundations), mechanical equipment installations, electrical and instrumentation
- Proven track record supporting management of field construction activities within the industrial and manufacturing sector
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- A degree in a relevant technical discipline is highly desirable, however a technologist diploma will be acceptable as well
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel is a must, good working knowledge of MS Project is preferred but not essential
- Good written and verbal communication
- Requires minimal supervision
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.