Skills: Geologist, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Hydrogeologist to join our team in Madison, Wisconsin. Wood provides the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their careers. This position requires an individual with effective communication skills and experience/interest in project management, as significant client, agency, public and team interactions are expected.
Our employees have the opportunity to work on diverse projects with the support and resources of a large international organization with unlimited career opportunities. At the same time, each location takes pride in maintaining a close collaborative environment! We realize that our people are what make us known in the Industry and recognized for delivering with high quality and technical excellence. If you want to be a part of a dedicated and brilliant team, we'd love to hear from you!
- Directs and manages hydrogeological investigations and modeling studies,
- Conducts complex scientific assessments and analyses,
- Prepare reports, work plans, health and safety plans, and quality control plans under the supervision of senior staff,
- Directs the execution of work, including subcontractor procurement,
- Performs data quality assurance reviews of field and laboratory work products,
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for managing medium to large tasks or projects under the general direction of appropriate more senior-level technical professional; develops project strategy and scope with more senior personnel; develops realistic budget and is accountable for them; provides review of project deliverables,
- Prepares or assists in preparing remedial investigation reports, remedial/corrective action plans, remedial designs, due diligence reports, and related documents; Includes work summaries, data summaries, data synthesis (e.g., conceptual site models), engineering calculations, summary tables, figures, engineering drawings and specifications, and report text,
- Evaluates compliance of subcontractor work against technical specifications and scopes of work,
- Motivates, trains, and mentors subordinate staff assigned to his/her tasks or projects,
- The position may entail approximately 75% office work and 25% field work/travel on a variety of projects,
- Conducts work safely and participates in Wood's safety programs.
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science or related field,
- Preferred candidates will have a Wisconsin and/or Minnesota P.G.,
- 10 - 15 years + environmental consulting experience,
- Competency in a combination of areas including field supervision, technical knowledge and task management,
- Competency in a diverse set of local, state, and federal environmental regulations,
- Proficient in modeling and data analysis software common for hydrogeology, such as MODFLOW, AQTESOLVE, ESRI GIS,
- Proficient in pumping test and slug test analysis,
- Experience with unconfined, leaky, and confined aquifer testing in both glacial and driftless area deposits,
- Experience in directing multi-media sampling, including soil, groundwater, vapor, indoor air, asbestos, and other regulated materials,
- Ability in conducting sampling and hydrogeological field investigations, including experience maintaining good relationships with subcontractors and stakeholders,
- Experience preferred with PFAS sampling & analysis,
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40-hr training in accordance with 29CFR 1910.120
- Ability to travel flexibly within upper Midwest region and work flexibly outside of standard work hours, as needed,
- Preferred candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, leadership skills, and an ability to contribute to and support strategies in line with the office and company goals
- Preferred candidate will have client relationships and an ability for developing business, growing client accounts, and winning work
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.