Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Reading, England, United Kingdom
Wood are currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer. We are currently looking for people with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance on projects across the full life cycle, from studies and FEED to EPC, to ensure that Wood continues to differentiate itself from its competitors by delivering quality projects to our client's requirements.
The Senior Electrical Engineer reports to the Lead Electrical Engineer and is accountable for managing and executing assigned work in accordance with the applicable Project Procedures and Standards, including Wood and/or Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control, within the man hour and cost budgets and the project schedule targets.
- Contribute towards a healthy, safe, environmentally sound and secure working environment, in the home office, on projects and during visits and periods on site or in other offices
- To be aware of response and actions required and to implement these actions, in the event of excursions from the safe conditions
- Provide discipline technical and engineering services to a standard and proficiency commensurate with Wood's Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Assurance (HSEQ) System
- Execution of project work in a Senior Engineer capacity
- Understand the extent, methods and means of producing and need for Discipline Design deliverables and main activities, as well as the budgets required to produce these and to seek to achieve or better these metrics
- Provide technical skills and experience in the approach, preparation, checking and fulfilment of drawings, diagrams and other deliverables
- Maintain a contemporary technical competency through familiarity and knowledge, learning and development in the discipline subject area
- Advise line management of any health, safety, environmental, security or competency issues, including residual risks that are relevant to the office, proposals and projects
- Ensure such documents are properly and consistently drafted, checked and Approved
- Check designs and specifications undertaken by others
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship within projects
- Participate in site visits, surveys and queries, including assessment of safety, investigations and documentation when at site
- Represent Wood in a professional, conscientious and ethical manner with clients, suppliers, vendors, contractors and at other offices
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience of executing complex Electrical systems study work using industry standard tools, such as ETAP
- Hexagon Smart Electrical experience is beneficial, but not essential
- Preparing electrical equipment requisitions and evaluations
- Experience in the design of HV, MV and LV electrical distribution/transmission systems
- Experience in the selection, design and application of HV, MV and LV electrical switchgear and equipment, including VFD
- Qualifications (BEng or equivalent) in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Chartered Engineer certification is preferred
- Demonstrate an understanding of the sequence, logic and dependencies of discipline activities leading to an effective contribution and fulfilment of the proposal or project programme
- Familiarity, experience and understanding of the requirements to meet design codes, standards and procedures and be able to implement the Client quality documents as defined in the project control documents
- Ability to work in a team or on an individual basis, while being able to achieve targets as necessary.
- Liaison and co-ordination with other Wood offices including checking / approval of their deliverables.
- Ability to advise line management on issues of proficiency or deficiency in the skills and competencies of the Discipline Department as they become apparent
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.