Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Building on a very high level of technical knowledge and experience, the (Technical Sales Manager) leads the Technical sales Representative (TSR) team to proactively and strategically sell specific tools, technologies and services across the Weatherford portfolio. In alignment with the agreed sales plan, the TSM ensures a high level of technical knowledge support is provided to the account management team & overall sales process. The role also works with the GZ Sales Leader to establish customer relationships that enable the identification of customer needs and the positioning of Weatherford solutions. The proactively support the development of x-PL selling opportunities across the Segment(s). Responsibilities and duties:
- Ensures Tech Sales Reps follow up on leads & opportunities assigned to them & complies with corporate procedures
- Accountable for the technical review & commercial proposal using Xait-Porter, inc; initial pricing
- Oversees the tender development and response process, ensures all resources are available for highest quality submissions
- Liaise with Commercial Operations to ensure efficient and effective tender management inc negotiations
- Liaise with the legal department for contract drafting and execution
- Responsible for advising client whether or not the Company wishes to participate in the opportunity
- Ensures that the technical specifications are discussed with the client & gaining their feedback
- Responsible for contract review with the Tech Sales Rep & Account Manager to agree with overall performance
- Develop strategic plans to strengthen WFT Identity by understanding customer/industry key objectives & aligning our Core Capabilities, assembling and disseminating market intelligence
- Oversees all areas of business risk and ensure strategies exist to mitigate these as much as possible
- Ensures Tech Sales Reps understand customer's needs and ensures products and services are marketed, positioned and understood by key decision makers in customer organizations.
- Responsible for responding to the Client Engagement Plan to enhance the profitability of the company through Weatherford provision of products and services to new & existing customers
- Proposes solutions to customers formally (through pitches, presentations & tender submissions) and informally through networks, relationships, discussions
- Responsible for relaying competitive information back to the appropriate PL stakeholders, inc: pricing, product performance, marketing material, activities, new products/technology etc.
- Responsible for developing specific client application value propositions
- Submit technical abstracts or articles to industry publications and/or WFT intercompany magazine.
- Degree educated in relevant oilfield or technical discipline
- 12 years of Weatherford / Industry technical / operational experience including 4 years sale experience
- Ability to demonstrate that they are commercially astute, have a good understanding of commercial tenders, contracts, high margin / profitability impact and requirements for high quality customer service
- Collaborative team player
- Strong technical knowledge of the Oil & Gas industry
- Management skills with ability to exercise initiative to resolve potential & actual problems
- Broad knowledge of the Weatherford sales process, policies, products & services
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced computer and presentation skills with experience of delivering to internal and external clients