Skills: Geologist, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Kirkland, Washington, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Environmental Remediation Professional (Geologist, Hydrogeologist, Scientist or Engineer) with a minimum of 15 years or more of experience to join the leadership team for our Northwest environmental investigation and remediation consulting team. The ideal candidate will be excited about the opportunity to help lead and grow our environmental consulting business, and possess knowledge and technical skills in site investigation and remediation under Federal and State (Oregon, Washington, Alaska and Idaho) regulations. Experience serving both industrial/commercial and Federal Government (Department of Defense or U.S. EPA) work is a plus. This position will preferably be located in the Puget Sound region although candidates elsewhere in the NW are also encouraged to apply. It is expected that this position will be filled at an Associate, Senior Associate or Principal level.
The Wood Northwest Operation is a multi-disciplinary science and engineering that offers the opportunity to work on technically challenging projects for a wide range of clients throughout the US. We are a close-knit team of dedicated professionals working to find solutions for our diverse customer base. Our team of knowledgeable and skilled engineers, geoscientists, chemists, data visualization specialists deliver high quality and technical excellence on complex and diverse local projects, while benefiting from the structure, resources, and opportunities of a large international organization, and we are looking to grow our team in supporting our current workload as well as advancement of our 2021 strategic plan and vision.
- Consult for federal, municipal, commercial and industrial environmental investigation and remediation projects
- Manage complex site investigation and remediation projects
- Provide leadership to environmental science engineering staff
- Work with project managers and other project staff locally and nationally to support environmental investigation and restoration projects
- Lead and support engineering design and remedial construction work
- Ensure a high level of quality, effectiveness, and efficiency in our work to achieve client and company goals
- Active participation in business development and proposal efforts
- Participate in companywide initiatives and work groups
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. in engineering, geology, environmental science, or related field required
- 15+ years experience in environmental site investigation and remediation in a consulting environmental
- Professional registration in Oregon or Washington is preferred, along with other professional certifications for disciplines other that engineering or geology
- Active participation in professional and business organizations and other business development and sales activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong orientation to working in a collaborative, multidisciplinary, team oriented environmental
- Strong project and financial management skills
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Flexible to work outside of business hours, when necessary
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft Office applications and computer use
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.