Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking for an SQS Coordinator to join our Conventional Energy Team in Calgary.
- Coordinate, monitor, guide and perform day to day functions to apply company Quality Management System to project activities
- Act as a liaison with client counterparts on all matters related to quality activities for assigned projects
- Prepare inspection assignments and manage all aspects of inspection activities of PO/contract packages (may be discipline specific)
- May visit vendor shops to verify; through monitoring, observation, document review and selective hands-on inspection; that supplier furnished material and equipment conforms to the technical and quality requirements of the procurement documents
- Function as on-site lead inspector on more complex projects where more than one inspector has been assigned
- Monitor supplier personnel activities including the witnessing of operations, inspections, examinations or tests to verify purchase order document requirements have been met
- Review supplier generated quality verification documentation to verify conformance to procurement document
- Review inspection reports, identify any problems and keep Buyer, Engineer and PQE informed. Review material certificates and test results and keep specialist and PQE informed of any deviation. Process NCR with Engineering and PQE and maintain records of such. Review the Inspection Release Notes and associated punch lists. Participate in Vendor Performance evaluation of Suppliers on request. Review and approve Vendor Data Books for QC matters
- Liaise with Expediter to ensure inspections are scheduled. Ensure that Expediters have dispatched to the Inspectors the appropriate documents to perform their duties and define their scope of work at assignment level
- Rejects material and/or components found nonconforming and collaborates with the supplier and project supplier quality personnel to identify a course of action to achieve satisfactory disposition of disclosed non-conformances. Releases conforming material for shipment and notifies other functional organizations to assist in coordination of their activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in business or engineering or commensurate level of industry experience (8 years management or related field preferred or in traffic/logistics and supply chain) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 8 years' experience in an engineering or oil and gas environment
- Applicable Welding Certifications*
- Advanced knowledge of the ASTM, ASME, MSS, API, NACE, SSPC, AWS, ISO standard specifications and codes of equipment manufacturing in the industry
- Technically qualified professional (Degree or Technologist) *
- Membership of appropriate professional institution(s)*
- Knowledge of all regulatory approval processes required across all areas.
- Knowledge and experience involving in-shop surveillance, manufacturing, examination, and testing activities in similar oil and gas, power, and/or industrial projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.