Reading, England, United Kingdom
Reading, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Geologist, Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Reading, England, United Kingdom
Wood is seeking Assistant to Senior Geotechnical Engineers/Engineering Geologists to join a fast growing geotechnical team within our Built Environment Service Area. Candidates for the Senior Engineer role will need to be Chartered Engineers and have a strong design experience that will enable them to work within a team that is spread over several offices and currently engaged in the delivery of a diverse portfolio of projects in the UK and overseas.
- Support the geotechnical design and assessment elements of existing and future projects
- Prepare ground investigation scope and specifications for tendering
- Prepare design calculations, design drawings and other documents in accordance with project quality control procedures and requirements
- Work and liaise with other engineers for support and for consistency of project delivery
- Manage and/or supervise execution of ground investigation works and review Contractors procedures and technical submissions
- For the Senior Geotechnical Engineer/Engineering Geologist Role, s upport less experienced staff by providing guidance, sharing knowledge and acting as a mentor to them
- Comply with Health & Safety procedures and CDM Regulations
- Encourage team working and participation
Skills / Qualifications
- A degree in civil engineering or engineering geology with MSc in geotechnical engineering as an advantage
- For Senior Engineer, Chartered Engineer status with a recognised engineering institution
- Experience post-graduation in geotechnical engineering and geotechnical design to UK and international standards and codes of practices, particularly Eurocodes
- Experience in the geotechnical assessment and designs of the following:
- Earthworks and remediation
- Earth retaining structures
- Slope stability assessment
- Ground improvement/treatment works
- Foundations design (shallow and deep foundations)
- Deep basement
- Contaminated land assessment an advantage
- Use of approved geotechnical software and finite element modelling and interpretation of results
- Preparation of geotechnical reports including desk studies, geotechnical interpretative reports, preliminary and detailed design reports
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Able to work within a multi-disciplinary team environmentAwareness of the importance of completing projects on time and to budget
- Enthusiastic approach to problem solving through consideration of innovative solutions
For Geotechnical Engineer/Engineering Geologist Roles, a degree in civil engineering, engineering or equivalent with typically 4 years' experience in geotechnical engineering or engineering geology is required.
For Assistant Engineer/Engineering Geologist role, a degree in civil engineering, engineering geology or equivalent, with typically 2 years' experience in geotechnical engineering or engineering geology is required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.