Skills: Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Wood is seeking a Principal Geotechnical Engineer to join a fast growing geotechnical team within our Built Environment Service Area. In this role, you will provide technical and commercial support to a range of projects from inception through to design and construction for a diverse portfolio of projects in the UK and overseas . You will also support the geotechnical discipline lead in promoting technical excellence as well as developing and growing the geotechnical team.
This role would ideally be based in one of our Leamington Spa, Birmingham or Newcastle offices but with travel across the UK and overseas for specific projects or longer-term assignments. However, the office location is flexible across the UK, with other flexible working options available including hybrid (mixed office and remote) working.
As part of your package, we offer the following benefits:
- Support and guidance through chartership, from leading UK experts
- Company car or car allowance
- Generous pension package
- Voluntary Flexible Benefits Scheme (dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, technology benefits, just to name a few!)
- Access to Season Ticket Loan Scheme for travel in and around your base office location.
- Assume responsibility for a range of projects for a diverse range of internal and external clients
- Support the discipline lead in implementing and maintaining quality control and developing team and skill growth
- Provide technical support for all stages of projects within your projects
- Support project delivery teams to meet our client's needs whilst maintaining sound financial and programme management and control
- Promote development of expertise through seeking innovative technical solutions and initiatives and encouraging participation
- Support the discipline lead with mentoring and personal and professional development of junior team members
- Contribute to the preparation of winning proposals through clear understanding of Clients' requirements, identification of scope and assessment of level of effort and tools needed for successful delivery
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in civil engineering, engineering geology or other related disciplines. A post graduate qualification in geotechnics will be an advantage
- Chartered Engineer status with strong post-chartered experience in geotechnical aspects of infrastructure and other construction sectors
- Typically we would expect circa 10 years' post-graduation experience in the field of geotechnical engineering to have the bredth and depth of knowledge to fulfil the requirements of this role
- Practical experience in scoping, procuring and interpreting medium to large scale ground investigations
- Expertise in developing robust, cost effective designs and assessment using the most up-to-date practices
- Experience in covering a varied range of geotechnical assessment and design such as slope stability, earth retaining wall structures, foundations, earthworks, tunnels and underground structures, site formation and ground improvement works etc
- Experience in geotechnical design and support during construction and project management
- Experience and knowledge of using commercially approved 2-D and 3-D software for modelling complex situations and interpretation of results
- Proven track record of successfully delivering projects in a consultancy environment;
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary team environment
- Good interpersonal skills and being a team player who can inspire others to achieve project goals through combined team effort and synergy
- Knowledge of HSSE industry procedures and practices
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.