Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom, Structural Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions Inc. is seeking a Structural Engineer - Telecom Tower Engineer to work in the Structural Group within our Design Center in Kennesaw, Georgia. Wood offers the technical challenges of projects located throughout the US. This individual should possess the ability to work as an integral part of a project team, be involved in one or more projects during all phases until completion, interface with both internal and external clients, and collaborate with multi-disciplinary project teams. Our ideal candidate will be dynamic, creative, quality driven, have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and be a proactive problem solver.
The position will entail working on a variety of structural evaluation, repair, and design projects, with focus initially on telecommunication projects/cell towers. Our projects are generally located throughout the eastern United States; however, we do work nationwide and occasionally internationally. Therefore, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with personnel in other Wood offices.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degreein structural Engineering, or civil engineering with a focus on structural engineering, from an accredited university
- Licensed Professional Engineer or EIT working towards Professional Licensure
- 5 - 10 years of related work experience
- 5-10 years of telecom tower experience, including working knowledge of performing Tower Analysis utilizing the TNX software.
- Strong drawing production skills; working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Experience with STAAD.Pro, and/or other structural modeling software
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functioning in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively in English.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests as well as collaborate with others to utilize resources and knowledge in identifying high quality solutions.
- Proficient to advanced skill with computer software programs, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Proficient to advanced knowledge of TIA/EIA (Tower Code), AISC (Steel Code), ACI (Concrete Code), IBC (Building Code) and state building codes
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a clean DMV driving record.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.