Skills: HR - Trainer / Instructor
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Mongomo, Wele-Nzas, Equatorial Guinea
Wood is currently looking for an Instrument & Electrical Technical Instructor with extensive experience in course instruction within the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
The position is located in Mongomo, Equatorial Guinea on a rotational (8x4) basis - which may be extended due to current restrictions.
Designs and Executes instrumentation and electrical course material for the Equatorial Guinean National workforce. Authors training systems and programs to meet Nationalization targets, which will reduce future operating costs. Ensures safety standards are introduced into all training programs. Under the direction and guidance of the ITNHGE Supervisor, ensures creation and delivery of the I&E Training and Development department's (T&D) technical training plans and goals.
The main tasks and responsibilities are:
• Conducts classroom and workshop instruction in instrument maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting.
• Conducts classroom training in reading and interpreting pneumatic and electronic logic drawings and electrical ladder logic drawings.
• Conducts classroom and workshop training in oilfield instrumentation processes and electronic, PLC and pneumatic controls, including analyzing problems, testing, calibration and repair of the instrumentation.
• Conducts classroom and workshop training in diagnosing and resolving problems on PLC's, DCS, SCADA, turbine controls systems and fire/gas safety systems.
• Conducts training in level pneumatic electrical and hydraulic pressure, relief and process controllers.
• Conducts classroom and workshop instruction in maintaining and troubleshooting generators, motors, motor controls, electric valves, low and medium voltage switch gear, inverters, power rectifiers, and uninterruptable power systems.
• Conducts classroom instruction in reading and interpreting electrical ladder. logic and gating logic diagrams and electrical motor control schematics.
• Supervises student course work.
• Ensures that students complete all assignments consistent with ITNHGE's standards.
• Tests and grades students' work.
• Maintains attendance and progress records.
• Creates personal files on each student containing test results, attendance figures and progress reports.
• Sends periodic reports to the Technical Training Coordinator.
• Mentors students who may require individual attention.
• Maintains security of all ITNHGE property, including facilities, materials and equipment.
• Prepares requisitions for the purchase of school supplies.
• Attends relevant meeting where required.
• Develops lesson plans, handouts and other course materials.
• Ensures progress in the Competency Assurance System
#rz #ZR #wood18
Skills / Qualifications
Extensive experience in:
- Instrument Engineering /Technical degree preferred or HND level qualification
- Criterion Referenced (Performance Based) Instruction
- Knowledge of both US (NEC) and UK electrical standards including, but not limited to IEE regulations, API Standards and Practices
- Knowledge and experience with various instrument manufacturers (Fisher, Honeywell, Allen-Bradley, Masonelian), controllers, transmitters, electronics, and field devices. Knowledge of API Standards and Practices
- Knowledge of hazardous area classifications
- Hands on I&E experience in a refinery, chemical, petrochemical, or oil and gas facility
- Understanding of Offshore Platform Operations
- Understanding of Drilling/Work over Operations
- Knowledge of Safety, Health, Environment issues related to the Oil & Gas Industry
- Principles and Methodology of Education
- Classroom Instruction Experience or OJT experience
- Essential - fluent in English
- Desired - understanding of Spanish
- Knowledge of Oil and Gas industry terminology
- Strong teamwork
- Ability to strive for excellence, attention to detail and concern for effectiveness
- Flexibility adapts quickly to changes
- Strong communication skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.