Skills: Subsea Engineer, Subsea Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Length of Assignment: approx. 28 days
Type of Rig: Semi-Submersible
SUPERVISES: Assistant Subsea, Subsea Engineer
JOB SUMMARY: Supervise/participate in the maintenance and repair of all subsea BOP and riser systems, Multiplex electro-hydraulic control systems, and all associated surface equipment and systems
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Basic Survival Training or BOSIET
- 2+ years previous experience on an offshore drilling rig
- 1+ year experience as an Assistant Subsea Supervisor on an offshore drilling rig
- Knowledge of basic technical calculations required for the subsea operation of the drilling equipment
- Medical (CAPP or OGUK)
- Valid Passport
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- International Travel is required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the Blow Out Preventer (BOP), Diverter, and associated subsea equipment according to Maintenance System guidelines
- Operate and pressure test the BOP on the surface and on the seabed as required
- Direct the deck and drill crews in the running and recovery of the BOP and Marine Riser equipment
- Direct the assembly, installation, and nippling down of the BOP and all well control equipment as required
- Operate, maintain and repair the subsea BOP control system (i.e. surface BOP or multiplex electro-hydraulic control system)
- Operate, maintain and test hydraulic connectors. Maintain BOP handling equipment, testing equipment and wellhead equipment
- Operate and service the bridge cranes and related hoisting equipment. Ensure the drill string compensator is serviced as required
- Ensure that the riser pipe system is serviced and tested as required. Operate and maintain the diverter system and the running and handling tools
- Assist in running/testing the wellhead, casing hangers and seal assemblies. Operate and maintain wellhead running/retrieval test tools
- Ensure that the required riser tensioning pressure is set to comply with the mud weight in use. Monitor and maintain the riser guideline and pod line tensioners
- Maintain accurate daily log sheets relevant to the subsea equipment. Maintain records of BOP and associated equipment tests
- Ensure that Supervisor is informed of any issues relating to the subsea equipment that might affect the safe and efficient running of operations
- Other duties as required
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Subsea Engineer Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: