Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Reports to: Chief Mechanic
JOB SUMMARY: Assist in maintaining and repairing mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment onboard the rig
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic installation, maintenance, and repair in a safe and prudent manner.
- Perform daily inspections and maintenance on mechanical equipment.
- Maintain and repair mechanical systems and equipment i.e. prime movers, air and water system, lubrication and fuel system, etc.
- Troubleshoot and repair faulty mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment and tools.
- Assist in maintaining marine equipment, i.e. cranes, thrusters, ballast pumps and valves, auxiliary equipment, etc.
- Identify and respond to abnormal operating conditions and/or patterns of equipment.
- Carry out periodic maintenance according to the guidelines
- Ensure that requirements concerning regulatory bodies are met in all cases of equipment repair and installation.
- Comply with the permit to work and isolation system.
- Maintain service reports and advise supervisor on condition of equipment and spare parts requirements.
- Perform machine work with lathe, drill press, grinding and surfacing equipment.
- Other duties as required.
- Valid Technical Certificate from a recognized body
- Valid Basic Survival Training or BOSIET
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years previous experience on an offshore drilling rig
- Medical (CAPP or OGUK)
- Valid Passport (must not expiry within 6 months)
- Knowledge of technical calculations required for safe operation of the drilling unit and basic computer skills
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- International Travel is required
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Mechanic - International Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: