Skills: Marine Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
JOB SUMMARY: Maintenance and repair of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment onboard the vessel. Responsible for the safe operation of all mechanical equipment and systems in the machinery spaces.
- 2+ years previous experience in the Offshore Industry
- Valid Canadian 3rd Class Engineer Unlimited Licence or Higher (or STCW equivalent)
- STCW Basic Safety Training, Proficiency in Survival Craft, Advanced Fire Fighting
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Seafarer Book
- Valid Marine Medical
- Marine Advanced First Aid
- STCW Security Training for Personnel with Security Responsibilities
- Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the mechanical operations
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Must be willing to travel
- Prepares work lists for the day by reviewing the Planned Maintenance Program
- Responsible for the refueling of the vessel, ensuring all safety procedures are followed.
- Monitor bunkers, lubricants and maintain spare parts and inventory
- Prepares, delivers, and reviews toolbox meetings with Engine Room Team.
- Prepares and reviews any work permits such as Isolation Permits, Hot Work Permits and Safe Work Permits.
- Reviews daily requisitions with the engine room storekeeper and determines what is needed to complete the job.
- Completes daily rounds of all areas of the vessels. Checks machinery and spaces across the vessel to ensure all is operating within prescribed parameters; initiates any required action from findings.
- Works diligently to promote a physically and psychologically safe working environment that is diverse, accessible, inclusive and equitable.
- Meets daily with Engine Room personnel to discuss work performed, work to be done, difficulties encountered, new jobs, Job Safety Analysis, work permits required, assigns and collects planned maintenance cards.
- Maintain and update the Plan Maintenance System in accordance to company policies
- Assists in the accomplishment of company objectives by performing other related duties as required
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Marine Engineer - International Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: