Skills: Crane Operator
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
SUPERVISES: Assistant Crane Operator and Roustabout
JOB SUMMARY: Operate the rig's crane in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance to Company Policies and Procedures. Regularly perform Preventative Maintenance on cranes and components
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Basic Survival Training or BOSIET
- Valid Crane Operator Stage 3
- 2+ years previous experience as a Crane Operator on an offshore drilling rig
- Knowledge of basic technical calculations required for the safe operation of the marine aspect of the rig
- Medical (CAPP or OGUK)
- Valid Passport
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- International Travel is required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide Roustabouts with relevant instructions for current and forthcoming operations.
- Partake in pre-tour meeting prior to all non-routine deck operations.
- Inspect all lifting equipment prior to use, i.e. slings, straps, shackles, wire ropes, etc.
- Ensure lifted loads are clear of obstructions, balanced, and properly secured with tag lines.
- Operate the crane as required for running casing/riser, picking up or laying down tubular, placement of equipment and supplies, etc.
- Operate the crane as required for transferring personnel and materials to and from supply boats.
- Notify the supervisor prior to lifting or transferring heavy equipment or materials that may affect the rig's stability.
- Assist during rig moves and anchor running and retrieving operations as directed.
- Assist with the replacement and installation of mooring lines and bulk fill lines.
- Perform safety inspection on gauges, indicators, limit switches, cables, electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems in cranes.
- Carry out Preventive Maintenance tasks on the cranes and components equipment. Maintain log of all maintenance records.
- Ensure decks and work area are organized for efficient and safe operation.
- Assist in keeping a running inventory of slings and lifting equipment in use. Inform supervisor of shortages or damaged slings.
- Assist the Subsea department in the running and retrieval of BOPs and auxiliary equipment.
- Assist third party service personnel in picking up and moving equipment for special operations.
- Maintain good communication with the Roustabouts, Deck Pusher and Barge Supervisor.
- Assist to maintain accurate records of all equipment loaded onto and off the rig.
- Other duties as required.
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Crane Operator - International Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: