Skills: Civil Construction, Heavy Machinery Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chatham, Virginia, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
The Civil Operator will be responsible for operation and normal upkeep and maintenance of the equipment that gathers, conditions, measures and handles gas, oil, and production water. Ensure all facility and equipment problems / issues are addressed in a timely fashion to maintain the integrity of gathering facilities and system for all of its customers. Work environment is out-of-doors in facilities from small to large in ambient conditions including high wind, dust, ambient heat and cold, and noise.
The Civil Operator will work independently and with other personnel to maintain and operate equipment and processes.
- Perform troubleshooting, repairs, inspections, and replacement of equipment as necessary.
- Assist in maintaining activity logs and status reports including safety/environmental incident reporting.
- Participate in / insure daily communication between operators, supervisor, Marketing and Commercial development.
- Write, review, and oversee assigned work permits associated with construction or maintenance in operating areas.
- Become qualified / maintain qualification in assigned DOT pipeline and control room competencies.
- Crosstrain throughout asset area and participate in hands-on training in field operations.
- Comply with all applicable company procedures and policies as well as state, and federal safety and environmental regulations.
- Be able to operate independently or from the Operations Control Center by monitoring field volumes, rates, levels and alarms, to directly make adjustments or provide guidance to field personnel.
- Be an active participant our Health Safety and Environmental culture.
- Accomplish job responsibilities/duties in accordance with Anadarko's Core Values.
- Perform various other duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 1 year experience in gas gathering, oil gathering / stabilization, SWD or field production operations
- Knowledge of oil & gas operations (Amine and Glycol systems, Compression, pipelines, measurement etc.) desired.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, Cygnet (or other SCADA system), and IMaps (or Google Maps) preferred.
- Good time management, communication and people skills.
Ability to multitask and communicate effectively across cross functional groups
High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Candidate must possess a valid driver's license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.