Would you like to work for a forward thinking technology company?Do you enjoy technical challenges?Join our growing team
We are the leader in well construction and production. Our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize reservoir value.Partner with the best
This role will support both operations teams in the regions and the Software development team, as an SME on legacy tools, services and workflows and as a Cadence focal point working closely with both the Product Owners and developer teams to deliver the Cadence Software platform fit for purpose to the operations groups within the Drilling Services Product Line. The candidate will provide coaching and knowledge transfer to Regional and Geo Market Operations teams as well as providing guidance and core subject matter knowledge to the Cadence development team's as part of the development process on behalf of the Global Drilling Services Central Service Delivery Group.
As a Technical Support Engineer, in Houston, Tx you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passionTo be successful in this role you will:Qualifications/Requirements:
- Work with the development teams to introduce the current tool service workflows and support the Product Owners and tool SME's develop features for the teams to work on.
- Provide detailed core domain and operational knowledge transfer to the Software development teams to ensure an excellent understanding of the current tool service provision to the customer.
- Accountable for quality software delivery to operations, final release testing and regression testing of all releases and updates.
- Owner of Surface Software specific Operations Technical Content. Responsible for the updating and development of technical documentation for Surface Software in Baker Hughes Operating System (BHOS) and F1 help.
- Responsible for the ensuring operational procedures are current when updates to software and hardware are implemented, liaise with Training and Development to ensure Training materials are up to date.
- Responsible for the development and transfer of Cadence technical knowledge within the Geomarkets and ensure knowledge transfer to local technical support groups.
- Liaise with Technical Support resources in Geomarkets/Regions for operational issues and provide practical assistance to Geomarkets for critical performance issues
- Actively contribute to, and encourage Geomarket involvement with the Cadence Software "Community of Practice"
- Provide technical and operational insights to Product Managers regarding operational issues for issues and requests presented from operations users.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. 5+ years' experience in related field.
- Strong working knowledge Drilling Services Surface Software Systems (Advantage and Cadence) with relevant, recent field experience is desirable
- A proven ability to recognize, analyze and solve technical issues, coupled with a process oriented working style
- Must have the ability to travel both domestic and international 20% if the time
- Must have the ability to obtain a passport
- A good awareness of drilling technologies, products and services
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both Verbal & written), and fluent in English
- The ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
Work in a way that works for you
- Working knowledge of other Drilling Services products would be also desirable but not essential
- Technical knowledge of Cadence software and the "Agile" development process.
- Previous experience in a Technical Support role is desirable, but not essential
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Monday - Friday 7:30am - 3:30pm with mandatory. OT. Must have the flexibility to work nights on occasion. On call every third week 7days a week/ 24 hours a day
- Must have the flexibility to travel international and domestic 10% of the time
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.