Posted: Aug 03, 2021
Posted: Aug 03, 2021
Skills: Construction Superintendent
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Redcar, England, United Kingdom
Wood Process and Energy are recruiting for an Interface Coordinator with significant interface and project networking skills for a construction project on Teesside. This role is to promote, encourage and facilitate successful delivery of Client related projects through effective liaison, stakeholder engagement, focused delivery and early conflict resolution.
The Interface Coordinator shall be responsible for the coordination of all construction interface activities between Wood, all its sub-contractor, third party suppliers, vendor representatives and the Client. This shall include interface coordination with all other contractor's engaged on the site and shall continue up to Mechanical Completion.
The Interface Coordinator shall develop a proposed Construction interface procedure to define how thhe will manage and coordinate activities between Wood and those of other contractors on the site, and to include interface coordination with the existing Client operational facilities.
- Work closely with the Construction Manager to ensure overall project priorities are being supported.
- Identify all interface issues (between EPC's subcontractor/other different contractors)
- It is essential the construction group maximize the interface with other engineering disciplines to ensure construction requirements are communicated and implemented at the required time.
- Fully interact and interface with other internal Wood organisations.
- Conduct site visit engagements, liaising fully with site personnel as required.
- Liaise fully with Client including presenting updates on a regular basis by acting as the key client interface for key identified project related scopes.
- Engage and support key Client activities such as TAR (Turn around scopes).
- Foster open, fair and collaborative working by efficient networking and forming cohesive working relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Have the ability to feed into existing site planning cycle - for example weekly, monthly and lookahead plans.
- Identification (and proposed resolution for the ) key risks and schedule time-line changes or threats.
- Create, monitor, facilitate solutions and close out actions as appropriate.
- Development and issues of required reports both internally and externally.
- Chair and Issue meetings, project reviews, peer reviews, including the capturing and production of key data such as minutes.
Skills / Qualifications
- Significant relevant experience gained in a similar or equivalent position.
- Extensive years of relevant construction experience
- Demonstrable background in interface between different stakeholders (internally and externally).
- Understanding of technical aspects of business -e.g.Engineering, Operations, Maintenance.
- Strong communications skills, influencing ability, enthusiasm and diplomacy.
- Strong Stakeholder management skills
- Self-Starter and able to cope with pressure
- Manage the Paper-based system
- Excellent verbal/written communication, problem solving, and decision-making skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.