Skills: Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer to join our Winnipeg office to support the strong growth in our Manitoba operations.
- Conduct all types of geotechnical and geo-environmental projects, including organizing field investigations, interpreting results, making engineering decisions and judgments and writing technical reports
- Manage projects of various sizes, including mentoring and supporting junior staff
- Undertake analysis and modeling of geotechnical designs
- Types of projects include slope stability projects (local and regional), mining projects (closure, tailings dams), foundation investigations, construction oversight, project management, etc.
- Liaise with other offices to provide growth opportunities and gain additional mentoring and assistance from senior staff. In this regard, there will be opportunities to work with other offices, where assistance is required and where the local workload permits
- Write proposals and liaise with clients as required
- Work with and assist the materials testing department where geotechnical engineering assistance is required
- Undertake self-development through training or course attendance
- Preparation of technical reports to a high standard
- Supervision and coordination of field programs
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering (geotechnical).
- A Master's degree would be an asset
- Registered or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba (EGM)
- Minimum of 10 years of practical engineering experience relevant to a variety of projects
- Experience within the Engineering Consulting industry in Canada is preferred
- Strong written and oral communication (English) skills
- Unrestricted Class 5 Driver's License that is valid in the province of Manitoba
- Desire to provide excellent practical client service and a commitment to technical excellence
- Strong leadership skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.