Skills: Design Engineer, Process Control
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Bradenton, Florida, United States
Wood Automation and Controls is recruiting for an immediate need for a Process Controls Designer to join our team in Bradenton, FL. Individual must have experience in Industrial Process Control Systems. Water and Wastewater Controls experience, or similar industry, would also be an asset. Knowledge of electrical control panel design, PLC programming & HMI/SCADA application programming preferred.
Process Controls Designer with experience in Industrial Process Control Systems. These are the technology requirements for this role:
- Understand P&ID drawings and Industry Specifications
- Industrial Control Panel design
- SCADA/HMI/PLC Hardware
- Knowledge of industrial control networks, ie. EtherNet/IP, PROFINET, Modbus, etc.
- HMI Programming - Factory Talk, WinCC, Maple Systems, EZTouch
- PLC Programming using ladder logic and/or function block - Experience with one or more of the following: Rockwell, Siemens, Modicon, GE
- Experience in one or more of the following SCADA software such as : VTScada, Ignition, Wonderware, iFIX, WinCC, FactoryTalk View, GE Cimplicity, Citect
Skills / Qualifications
- BSEE or BS Computer Science or Electrical/Controls Technologist or Comparable Experience
- 2 - 5 year's experience in Instrumentation & Controls
- Proven abilities in design, programming, start up, testing and implementation phases of project
- Ability to travel to countries outside of Canada (typically within North America)
- Effective communication with the customer and meet all deliverable due dates
- Review specifications, I&C Control drawings, HMI screens, PLC programs, SCADA, etc
- Assure customer Factory Test requirements are met per the specifications
- Experience with Panelview HMI Screens, FactoryTalk View, etc
- Superior organizational and analytical abilities needed to communicate company and customer needs with other departments and outside vendors
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of Industry standard process design methods such ISA and UL 508A with a technical/engineering controls background
- Knowledge of current electrical safety standards and electrical codes such as CEC/CSA & NEC/UL
- TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 45 % travel
- A uthorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
CEC Controls is a Wood Automation and Controls company
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.