Skills: Accounting, Mining
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a North American Finance Manager to join our Mining & Minerals business in Canada. Reporting to the Mining VP Finance, this role will provide business partnering support to the North American Mining & Minerals business.
- Liaise with finance staff in the North American offices and coordinate activities.
- Provide financial and analytical support to senior management.
- Ensure the accuracy of monthly financial results and prepare reports to senior management. Complete the analysis of information to help drive effective decision making and operational success.
- Undertake the preparation of the annual budget and periodic forecasts.
- Responsible for financial, tax and internal control matters including all internal, external, government and client audits.
- Ensure that an effective control environment exists through compliance with all Group and Mining control frameworks, policies and procedures. Maintain a current knowledge of corporate accounting policies, financial reporting requirements, and provide related direction and support to management and staff.
- Lead the North American implementation of corporate initiatives.
- Coordinate financial and internal services arrangements for intercompany business activities.
- Provide input to and review of key proposals to clients including contract terms.
- Engage with tax, treasury and other corporate groups and ensure compliance with all taxation, foreign currency and other requirements for bids and awarded work.
- Participate in monthly internal project review meetings.
- Contribute as required to corporate and Mining reporting and improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree Finance, Accounting and a Professional accounting designation preferred (CPA)
- Minimum 10+ years of post qualification experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience leading a team and managing change
- Advanced user of Excel (Pivot tables, formulas, graphs, v-lookups, links between spreadsheets)
- Hands-on experience with Oracle and Hyperion Financial Management
- Must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
- Safety & Assurance - Safety aware and lead by example in this area
- Relationships - Ability to form and maintain strong working relationships with operations, projects, and functional management and staff
- People - Ability to communicate effectively to both Finance and non-finance personnel and discuss issues clearly and concisely at all levels within the organization
- Financial Responsibility - Demonstrates strong willingness to question and challenge
- Integrity - Demonstrates strong ethical values and communicates with openness and honesty
- Good planning and organizational skills - track record of successfully delivering to deadlines
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.