Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
With 40,000 professionals, across 60 countries, we are one of the world's leading consulting and engineering companies operating across Energy and the Built Environment.
Wood is seeking an Intermediate Mechanical / Piping Designer to join our Mining & Minerals team. Reporting to the Mechanical Department Manager, this position is located at our Saskatoon, SK office. If you are looking to build upon your career and continue to develop your skills in the mining and consulting industries, we want to hear from you.
- Provide technical layout and design of mechanical systems for potash and uranium plants and related infrastructure. This includes mechanical equipment, building services/HVAC, and piping systems.
- Design and drafting of equipment and piping systems in 2D and 3D drawing environments
- Attend project meetings and discussions with the client and staff
- Define capital project requirements, prepare scopes of work, and project cost estimates
- Develop and maintain positive, sustainable client relationships
- Coordinate and work with other project team members
- Mentor junior members of the team
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology or Engineering Design & Drafting Technology
- 5+ years of relevant industrial and/or mining design experience.
- Proven experience with AutoCAD, AutoCAD Plant 3D, and/or AVEVA E3D software and excellent knowledge of 3D design/drafting.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada at time of application
- Additional assets include:
- Other mining and potash experience,
- Piping, materials handling, and / or HVAC experience,
- Underground mining experience,
- Construction experience,
- Able to perform calculations for detailed equipment design, such as for tanks, chute work, and launders, or
- Experience with project controls, budgets and schedules within an engineering consulting environment
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.