Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Construction Manager
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Mechanical Installation Manager - Thailand/Bangkok - High Value Power Gen Projects
Location - Thailand, Bangkok
Package - Internationally competitive basic salary, Bonuses based on company performance, Salary increment based on individual performance. 20-day annual leave, health insurance, dental allowance etc
Length of contract - Permanent
Our client is looking for an overall Mechanical Installation Manager/ Mechanical Construction Manager with extensive EPC combined cycle power plant (CCPP) experience. The role is office-based role initially, progressing into a flexible, hands on/office role. The client is aiming to expand, not only to ASEAN region, but across other regions globally. Their aim is to innovate solutions for customers, break barriers between sectors and expand into other markets.
• Be a core member of the proposal team when concerning all mechanical installation activities.
• Review ITB for mechanical installation.
• Survey and qualify potential mechanical sub-contractors.
• Provide input on the overall project DoW/DoR concerning mechanical installation.
• Scrutinize and evaluate quotations from potential mechanical installation sub-contractors and vendors.
• Provide a plan for the site temporary infrastructure requirements.
• After NTP, update and finalize the site infrastructure and services and also mechanical installation related DoW/ DoR, site services responsibilities.
• Temporarily mobilize to the project site and act as a mechanical installation manager starting up.
• Support the Managers as required and issues recommendations.
• Respond to partners' and sub-contractors and resolve technical issues as required.
• Lead and manage the project site mechanical installation team.
• Hand overs to the installation manager
During Project Execution
• Monitor overall mechanical installation activities, in comparison to baseline schedule.
• Guide site management teams and the mechanical installation management team and if required actively intervene.
• You may be needed on project site on interim basis to contain situations by taking an active role.
• Support members of staff as required and provide issue recommendations.
• Support project managers in the negotiations of claims for additional work and dispute with mechanical installation sub-contractors as required.
• Vast experience with CCPP projects, powerplant projects such as; coal fired, thermal power plants or waste to energy
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering is mandatory.
• At least 15 years in various international projects, for combined cycle and/or coal fired power plants.
• Confident in English, written and spoken skills.
• Previous experience in the ability to generate, establish and implement mechanical installation.
• Inter- cultural skills, preferably worked in Thailand or South-East Asia.
• Willing to travel for long periods of time.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!