Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood is currently hiring for Instrumentation designer on agency payroll to be based in Chennai. The incumbent must h ave a good experience in Offshore & brown field projects . Should be able to read and understand the panel wiring drawings and perform design modifications. Should also be able to read and understand site survey reports and prepare site queries.
Skills / Qualifications
- Able to communicate independently with lead / client offices and conversant with PEER checking
- Able read / interpret Control system and cabinet wiring drawings
- Raise technical clarifications and queries and get the required input for assigned work.
- Preparation of Instrument design deliverables such as hook-up drawings, termination drawings, cable/ tray routing drawings, loop drawings
- Preparation of Instrument Cable Block diagrams, cable schedules.
- Preparation of Instrument Installation Drawings, MTO , Material Requisition.
- Expertise in use of SP3D, PDMS, PDS-3D, SPI(In tools), Auto CAD, MicroStation V8.
- Exposure to brownfield scopes of project
- Experience in junction box specification identification and design requirements
- Experience of cable specification identification for the required application
- Experience of Materials Requsition compilation for Bulk Materials
- Site experience on construction and commissioning maintenance.
- Upstream Oil & Gas Brown field projects
- Working in multinational and cultural environment
- Diploma in Instrumentation / Electronics with 5+ years of experience in Oil & Gas , Petrochemical Industries
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.