Skills: Project Management
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Principal Hydrologist (UK), on a permanent staff basis, location in Glasgow preferred but candidates can apply from UK wide.
The firm is seeking to recruit a Principal Hydrologist to join our growing team, with the potential to base yourself at any of our U.K. offices (Glasgow is preferred). The successful candidate will ultimately lead the hydrology services of our growing firm and represents an excellent opportunity for someone looking to progress their career to the next level.
The successful candidate will work as a member of the Engineering Group and will be involved in all aspects of professional input to hydrology projects. This may include:
- Proposal generation and project budgeting
- Project management and delivery
- Mentoring of less experienced colleagues
- Business development to support our continued growth
The ideal candidate will possess an Honours or Masters Degree in Hydrology, Engineering or similar, and have a have a full U.K. driving licence with clean driver record. Professional chartership(s) would be viewed favourably.
The ideal candidate will have experience with regards to one or more of the following areas/disciplines, preferably in a consultancy role:
- Flood Risk Assessment
- Flow Modelling
- Providing guidance/support in relation to the planning process
- Providing guidance/support in relation to EIA, construction or engineering projects
- Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SUDS) to include design
- Detailed understanding of legislation relating to the above
- Liaison with regulators, local authorities and clients in relation to the above