Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Research & Development, Electrical Engineering
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Electrical Engineer, Low Voltage & Power Electronics Engineer
In this role, you will be responsible for the development of low power electrical, electronic hardware and controls technology for Halliburton's Production Solutions Product Service Line (PSL). You will develop state-of-the-art technology solutions for some of the most challenging problems in oil & gas to improve operational efficiency, lower costs, and maximize well productivity. You will need to be creative, dynamic, passionate, and data-driven with the ability to effectively communicate and influence the team to deliver best-in-class technology.
Essential duties & responsibilities :
- Develop state-of-the-art low voltage electrical wiring design, enclosures design, power electronics design, selection, purchase specifications, controls strategy & automation systems technology.
- Design and implement automation system networks, including specifying communications protocols, communications media and associated hardware in coordination with overall software development team.
- Conduct hardware & software verification and validation testing.
Education / Experience / Knowledge :
- Minimum of bachelor's degree (electrical, mechanical, or aerospace engineering) with 6+ years of LV electrical design and control systems engineering experience or related/applicable experience.
- Proven experience in the development of Low Power System Designs, controls electronics hardware and controls systems.
- Power Electronics design, selection, specification for Purchase of controls hardware devices, Human Machine Interface (HMI) including PLC-based systems.
- Background and experience in signal processing and analysis, control systems, system dynamics, and associated mathematics and computation.
- Experience with system identification and estimation techniques.
- Experience with data acquisition and measurement systems.
Competencies, skills, and abilities :
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings and diagrams, electrical schematics, piping and instrument drawings (P&IDs), flow charts and cause and effect diagrams.
- Expertise implementing National Instrument cRIO, Siemens PCS7 and/or Allen Bradley control systems. Experience in other system platforms will be considered.
- Ability to program in LabVIEW, Microsoft Visual Studio, C# and C++, VB.net, LabWindows/CVI, and Matlab/Simulink, Matlab/Simscape, and industry standard PLC systems is desired.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available from Principal Electrical Engineer, Advising Electrical Engineer up to a Sr. Advising Electrical Engineer.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E. , Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 94277
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Production Solutions
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.