Skills: Mechanical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
NO START DATE FOR THIS ROLE. UPDATING DATABASE FOR FUTURE TEMPORARY/FULL TIME POSITIONS.
Job Title: Mechanical Assistant - Marine
Reports to: Engineering Officer
• Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all vessel machinery and equipment
• Assist with monitoring of equipment including checking gauges and recording reading
• Reporting of any incident and/or damage affecting sea worthiness
• Perform troubleshooting, problem solving as well as preventative and corrective maintenance as directed by the Engineering Officer
• Ensure the machinery is in compliance and meets regulatory and class requirements
• Understanding of pollution regulations and the company's objectives regarding environmental protection
• Other duties as required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Engine Room Rating Certificate issued by Transport Canada
- STCW Basic Safety
- STCW Survival Craft
- Valid Marine Basic or Advanced First Aid
- Security Training for Vessel Personnel with Security Responsibilities
- Valid Transport Canada Marine Medical
- Oil and Chemical Tanker Familiarization Endorsement
- Previous tanker experience
- Experienced with Safety Management Systems (e.g. ISO & ISM) considered an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Suite considered an asset
- Self-starter, analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Puglisevich and it's client to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position.
Position Mechanical Assistant - Marine Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: