Skills: Control Room Operations
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
JOB TITLE: Engine Room Operator (ERO)
JOB SUMMARY: The ERO is Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the unit's main engines
- Monitor the power plants controls and power distribution and consumption - ensuring power is available at all times
- Perform troubleshooting, problem solving and plan activities to prevent problems from occurring with the power plant, propulsion plant, and auxiliary equipment on the vessel. This will include the sewage treatment plant, HVAC, potable water, pneumatic systems, etc.
- Operate, maintain, and repair as necessary the engine cooling water system, lube oil system, and fuel system
- Ensure that the permit to work and isolation systems are strictly adhered
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance and special projects involving the power plant and propulsion system on board the drilling vessel to prevent down time and to ensure the efficient and continual functioning of the vessel
- Carry out maintenance according to the Company Maintenance Management System guidelines
- Ensure that reports for the repair and maintenance of equipment are accurate and complete
- Liaise with the marine department regarding the loading, ordering, and use of fuel, potable water, and drill water
- Perform daily inspections and planned maintenance
- Maintain main engine log recording daily consumption
- Ensure that approved operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Actively participate in safety meeting
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas
- High school Diploma or Equivalent
- Transport Canada Engine Room Rating
- Seaman's Discharge Book
- Valid STCW Basic Safety
- Valid STCW Survival Craft
- Valid STCW Advanced Firefighting
- STCW Vessel Personnel with Security Responsibilities
- Valid Marine Basic First Aid or Marine Advanced First Aid
- Valid Marine Medical
- Able to operate software applications as applicable to position. Ability to interpret technical literature and drawings
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen, Alcohol Screening and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Puglisevich and it's client to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position.
Position Engine Room Operator - Marine Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: