Skills: Metallurgist / Materials Engineering, Corrosion Engineering, Maintenance Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Thanh Hoa, Vietnam
NES Fircroft has a current vacancy for an experienced Material and Corrosion Engineer to work in Vietnam. This is an interesting opportunity to be a part of a large Oil and Gas operator in Vietnam.
The position is a residential position with expert contract type. We are looking for someone with many years of working experience (+10yrs) at the same position in Oil and Gas industry, downstream preferably.
You should have:
- Passionate dedication to maintaining safe operations enforcing strict conformance with all government regulations, and applicable company procedures and policies.
- Strong decision-making abilities under pressure and innovative to generate new ideas.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills and have the ability to teach skills to freshmen and exhibit patience.
- Sound knowledge of applicable international codes/standards such as ASME, AWS, NACE, ASTM, API and TEMA. (Both construction and post construction codes/standards)
- Sound knowledge of metallurgy, welding, corrosion and metallurgical testing.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of resolving problems related to metallurgy, welding and repair methods affecting refinery process units.
- Knowledge of oil refinery operations and processes. Including awareness of typical fluid services, e.g. wet H2S service, caustic and amine services.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of typical materials (such as duplex steels and nickel alloys) and process equipment such as vessels, reactors, columns and utilities such as boilers and steam generators.
- Experience of approving Contractor/Vendor WPSs.
- Be able to work both independently, or as a team member, in a new work situation and assist other staff members.
- Write reports and design packages to enable implementation of engineering recommendations.
- Experience of field operation (at least two 2 years). This is to have included not only routine operation but also trouble-shooting, trial operation, preparation for daily and turnaround maintenance.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and able to mentor junior engineers.
- Proficiency with common software packages such as Word, Excel and Access.
- Experience of maintenance mechanical control and planning.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.