Skills: Facilities Management, HVAC
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Wood is seeking a Building Services / HVAC Engineer to join our Mining & Minerals team.Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Manager, this position is located at our Saskatoon, SK office. If you are looking to build upon your career and continue to develop your skills in the mining and consulting industries, we want to hear from you.
With 40,000 professionals, across 60 countries, we are one of the world's leading consulting and engineering companies operating across Energy and the Built Environment.
- Building services systems and equipment design including heavy industrial HVAC, fire protection, compressed air, dust collection, plumbing, potable water and drainage related to mining and metal processing, chemical or similar processing industries.
- Performing calculations for utility, heating, venting, and dust systems and equipment
- Writing equipment and installation specifications and datasheets
- Evaluating vendor equipment bids
- Reviewing project documents prior to issue for scope and presentation, including checking for technical accuracy
- Other engineering duties as directed
Skills / Qualifications
- 5+ years of related design experience,
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Familiarity and experience with HVAC design codes, calculations, equipment selection and specification development
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in Canada, with eligibility to register as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Saskatchewan (if not already a PEng. in Saskatchewan)
- Potash, mining, metal processing, or similar industrial experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
- in additions, the following skills / experience will be considered an asset:
- Other mining or industrial experience,
- Construction experience, or
- Experience with project controls, budgets and schedules within an engineering consulting environment
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.