Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering AGV Systems, an Oceaneering International Company, develops, implements and markets Automated Guided Vehicle Systems (AGVs), navigation hardware, and software. We offer customized and automated transport solutions to efficiently, competitively and effectively meet the ever-increasing transport demands of various industries by increasing productivity, reliability, flexibility and safety standards through innovation, expertise and robustness. Oceaneering AGV Systems has been delivering automatic guided vehicle solutions to the world's leading companies for 30 years.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs).
Duties & Responsibilities
The Product Owner is responsible for defining and translating the business needs to usable, applicable, and achievable AGV software improvements over the software product lifecycle. The Product Owner will work closely with organizational functions (Market Research, Marketing, Systems Engineering, Product Development, and Sales) to deliver winning products. The Product Owner translates the market and customer requirements into user stories that can be executed by the software development teams. The scope and priority of the user stories will be defined in close cooperation with the business stakeholders. You are responsible for monitoring, control, and continuous improvement of the AGV software products. Product performance reporting and product lifecycle management are part of your daily activities.
- Gather the voice of the customer.
- Create business cases for product development.
- Define and prioritize the product requirements.
- Translate business and functional requirements to technical solutions together with the software architect and the software engineers.
- Definition of epics, user stories, and backlog refinement.
- Collaborate with Systems Engineers to define the product requirements.
- Perform product demonstrations both internally and to customers.
- Stay up to date on the business and technology developments.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to OASYS engineering manager.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and data presentation skills.
- Proven decision-making ability.
- Experience in product ownership.
- Experience in agile product development.
- Bachelor's degree in either a Software engineering discipline or Computer science discipline.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.