Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Skills: Marketing, PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Marketing and Communication Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and implementation of marketing and communications projects and campaigns for the assigned regions and business units.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure brand alignment and consistency across the designated regions by collaborating with the regional business development teams and business units.
- Support business development and the business units with various projects, campaigns, and sales reports and recommend suitable marketing initiatives. Ensure the key stakeholders are kept up to date with the latest marketing and communication initiatives
- Working with the wider Global Marketing and Communications team, develop suitable advertising and digital marketing campaigns that align with the business unit and business development strategies
- Plan, coordinate and execute all aspects of regional trade shows, open days, technology days and events including, but not limited to, booth design, properties and materials, social media scheduling, sponsorships and advertisements, contracts, thought leadership, sales collaboration and training, pre- and post-show marketing, list management, budgeting, show logistics and coordinating with exhibit, print, logistics, and promotional vendors. Track and distribute sales leads, competitor analysis, and opportunities for improvement. Must be willing to attend trade shows and events in the assigned regions
- Plan, manage, coordinate, advertise and execute all webinars and virtual event initiatives. Communicate benchmark criteria to measure the effectiveness of the webinar program and implement improvements as required. Measure the success of each webinar and report the results to key stakeholders.
- Manage and maintain the trade show and events schedule and calendar
- Promote thought leadership opportunities in through digital marketing, trade publications, social media and encourage participation at industry conferences
- Manage the placement of show-specific and regional advertising with the broader Global Marketing and Communications team, including meeting deadlines for submissions, social media planning, and filing purchase requisitions
- Communicate Global Marketing and Communication campaigns and initiatives to Business Development and the Business Unit leads in the assigned regions, as directed by the Global Marketing Manager
- Manage the marketing budgetary plan for the assigned region and assist with processing invoices for payment in a timely manner
- Maintain promotional items and marketing materials inventory and process orders
- Work closely with the broader Global Marketing and Communications team to ensure brand consistency and contribute with brainstorming ideas which align with the company's vision and devise plans to execute these concepts
- Support marketing day-to-day operations including digital marketing campaigns, promotions, presentations, events and projects
- Contribute at Business Unit and Business Development meetings on a strategic level to develop suitable marketing strategies and implement accordingly
- Other duties as assigned
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- This position will report to the Global Marketing Manager
- Bachelor degree in communication, marketing, hospitality management, related field preferred or experience in lieu of degree
- Knowledge and experience of general business and trade shows
- Knowledge and experience of webinar technology
- User of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) desired
- Strong organizational, time, budgeting, and project management skills
- Strong people skills with excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong sense of ownership over projects and tasks, and able to identify new opportunities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in the oil and gas industry
- Valid driver's license
- Fluent in English
- Graphic Design knowledge
- Web design knowledge
- Knowledge of marketing automation
- Wordpress experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the year
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.